• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEAR 65FPS (without all the pretty settings)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
I was trying to think of a requirement for a video card..
and the one above came to my mind.. around 65 FPS is a rate at wich most people cant see flicker.. and FEAR is the huge GPS monster of a game right now from my understanding of it..

so miniumum screen setting..
1280X1024 (1024X768 might do)
and whatever settings make the game look nice for the players of the game out there.. AA to whatever and such..

any ideas on what cards could pull this off?
are the screen settings low enough were this wouldnt be a big chore for medium range cards
or is 65FPS with any settings just plain impossble with FEAR
(IE I dont know enough about what Im asking about :rolleyes: )?

TIA for any input..

Nothing less than x1800XT if you want to play at 1280x1024. My x800pro could barely do 1024x768 with majority meduim, some high settings.

Put it this way, X1800XT Crossfire, thats 1024mb GDDR3 can play 1280x1024 all details max, 4x AA, 16x AF and then within CCC adaptive AAA set to quality, mimaps high, and there are times FPS drops to near 20!

RangerXLT8 said:
Put it this way, X1800XT Crossfire, thats 1024mb GDDR3 can play 1280x1024 all details max, 4x AA, 16x AF and then within CCC adaptive AAA set to quality, mimaps high, and there are times FPS drops to near 20!
Whoa mama!
Basically you need a lot of $$$. :p

I was assuming a card with some unlocking and OCing potential..
Thanks RangerXLT8 you discription of what is needed to even see high settings and AAA run is very informative.. and the fact that they dont have GPU's to give you 65FPS at high settings is :bang head
It sounds like with titles like this floating around future-proofing is down right impossible, as I suspected..

RangerXLT8 were you getting a good OC out of the x800pro or were you running it stock, I see your CF setup is OCed so Im assuming you did the same to the X800pro?

Im assuming when you guys say 6800GS your talking about unlocking the extra pipes and overclocking it to get 65FPS at even the lower screen setting.. care to elaborate, so Im not assuming?

greenmaji said:
I was assuming a card with some unlocking and OCing potential..
Thanks RangerXLT8 you discription of what is needed to even see high settings and AAA run is very informative.. and the fact that they dont have GPU's to give you 65FPS at high settings is :bang head
It sounds like with titles like this floating around future-proofing is down right impossible, as I suspected..

RangerXLT8 were you getting a good OC out of the x800pro or were you running it stock, I see your CF setup is OCed so Im assuming you did the same to the X800pro?

Im assuming when you guys say 6800GS your talking about unlocking the extra pipes and overclocking it to get 65FPS at even the lower screen setting.. care to elaborate, so Im not assuming?

I did not really clock the X800Pro beyond 550\550.

i run it at 1024x768 (1280x1024 isnt an option for some reason) most settings at max a few at medium. when i run the test benchmark thing i get 66% of the time framerate is above 40 and the average framerate was 55.

and my system is pretty weak :shrug: if i have a PCIe mobo and a gto2 i could probably get 70+fps because the gto2 can oc much better.

my monitor supports 1280x1024 but it doesnt show up for F.E.A.R. It does for other games. i've got a 17inch monitor. Sceptre x7 16ms lcd monitor. Its vga but i'm gonna try my dad's DVI 18.1 inch dvi monitor to see if i can see a quality difference

Back