• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler 920 @ 3.8 and holding strong!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

Okay folks, so ever since I increased the voltage on the CPU and the Ram, I haven't had a single hiccup, so last night I bumped the FSB to 275.

It passed every single benches that I've had with great success, so this morning I'm going to run prime for about 8 hours while I'm at work.

Heres the new numbers, 3dmark05 scored 8137

Aquamark3 scored 94,244

Last edited:
d94 said:
what voltage are you @?

In CMOS it reads 1.325 in CPU-Z it reads 1.36 - but under load it stays at 1.32 before it dropped down to 1.29

Temps are not too bad, barely even went up. It idles at 41C and loads out at 52 or 56 when my room is VERY warm.

I'm going to change out my water pump with a reef tank pump this afternoon, and figure a way to actively cool my Reserator.

M Powered said:
In CMOS it reads 1.325 in CPU-Z it reads 1.36 - but under load it stays at 1.32 before it dropped down to 1.29
not bad
congrats on the oc! :)

Is there some kind of test or benchmark that will test system stability? Prime 95 doesn't always seem to work. I remember on the first OC, prime passed after 10 hours of testing.

When I started playing games, after 20 minutes, I got the first crash (BSOD).

I've tried everything so far, prime + 3dmark, prime + pcmark, even prime + games.

M Powered said:
Is there some kind of test or benchmark that will test system stability? Prime 95 doesn't always seem to work. I remember on the first OC, prime passed after 10 hours of testing.

When I started playing games, after 20 minutes, I got the first crash (BSOD).

I've tried everything so far, prime + 3dmark, prime + pcmark, even prime + games.
PCmark04 is a great stability tool.

EDIT: Nice overclock by the way, these chips are looking better and better everyday!

PCmark 04 won't give me a score because I need Windows Media player, encoder.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Preferably through private message :p

I like dual qmd folding for long term stability VALIDATION ... but it should NOT be used for initial stability testing. Lots of folk (me included) to get help you going in the folding forum.
But If you have already primed for hours, then you are good to go.

It will also drive your temps high (higher than p95), so you need to monitor the folding activvity and your temps.

Folding does nothing however to stress your video ... but it will really work your cpu and memory! (and produces scientific benefits for us all)

Back