• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much is toooooo much??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shades_of_Me

Hi I am trying to overclock a p4 3.2 prescott using clockgen, what i wanna know is how far can i take it or shouldi be looking to overclock the system i dont want to take it too far and fry something...how do i know when it has reached its limit.....I am monitoring the temps and they all seem to be fine but thats obviously not an indicator as to how far i can go..any assistence would be great..

Thanks
:rolleyes:

You'll have to test for stability with each increment. For a fast test, run PCMark04 2-3 times. Obviously, longer testing will be required before calling it completely stable.

I suggest you overclock using the BIOS if possible. Clockgen doesn't give voltage options for CPU/memory and you may need those to become stable..

depends on your cpu ... my sig rig is a 3.2E ... it could only get 235 stable yeilding 3.75 ghz ... others have gone higher, but not hugely for most of them based on my recollections of previous thread reads ... I have not played with oc'ing on this one for 6-9 months now so my reads on it are a bit dated.

Mine is a D0 stepping, i recall some higher results with the E0's.

Back