• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Firefly Run in 06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3DFlyer

Banned
Hey folks. i'm getting pretty decent scores out of my old rig in 06, but one test is problematic for me. I am getting only .1 FPS (that's one tenth yes!) in Firefly.

Something is not right because my others scores are right inline, but when i copare that score it's a 600 points too low.

When the simulation runs it goes to black screen for about 30 seconds and i get a very slow slideshow.

Yes, I know this is a benchmark. :) hehe It's definitely not running that test right though.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated and I can get that score up there. :)

Well, I've tried uninstalling drivers, running DC Pro, reinstalling. I've tried reinstalling the program, and have done both of those things numerous times. I cannot seem to get the Firefly test to run right. On one of the runs it did start quicker like it should, then dropped off to 0FPS and then right at the end jumped up to 19 (where I would expect it to be throughout the test).

I've had issues in the past with that dang firefly test not running right in 05. I have no idea what's causing it. I have 81.98 WHQL's that are approved, I've tweaked them, I've tried running them "application controlled" with the rest of the settings at default, and every combination of driver settings one could run.

It seems like no matter what I do, I cannot get a decent SM2.0 score, and it's because of that Firefly test. My other scores are in the well past 1000, but the SM2.0 test is 568...I think 568 was the number.

This thing should break at least 3000. I'm almost certain it would if I could get it to run right. :bang head

Last edited:
The test isn't running right though. It sits there black screen for like 30 seconds then will run at 0FPS, and will sometimes jump to 19FPS right at the very end for like a split second.

My SM 2.0 scores are lower than my 3.0 scores so that tells me something is not running right. I should be getting like 3-4000 and I getting around 2000. I tried clocking to 3.9GHz and actually got a lower score on it...memory comes into play with this benchmark. It actually runs more like PCMark than 3DMark. The CPU tests are rediculous - 1FPS tops is what I'm getting.

I really need to get SM2.0 score up. Other 6800GT's are getting about the same score on their 2.0 as their 3.0 score, but I'm only seeing half that because of the bad firefly test.

It ain't the OC or the card, it's something is not right with the program. That firefly test has had issues in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were back again.

Thank god these Prescott's are HyperThreaded or the thing probably wouldn't run at all. LOL

Back