• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me make a new watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanD911

Right now I have a swiftech water block but its only running on 3/8 tubes which are crap. I want to get a completely new setup and give my old stuff to my younger brother :) heheh. So I want everything to be 1/2" tubing. I was thinking of watercooling my 2 graphics cards in SLI mode and my cpu. What would you guys recommend for this?

have you looked around at the online WC stores? 1/2" tubing and fittings are (I think) the most popular size. So you wont have trouble....As for the waterblocks for your video cards, get maze4 blocks from www.dangerden.com. you want the low profile ones just in case... The tubing should be either masterkleer from www.mcmaster.com or tygon tubing (the best) at www.dangerden.com. Get the 3/4" OD stuff to ensure that you don't have any kinks. I guess you already have your waterblock. As for the pump get the D5, and the radiator....well; that depends on how much room you have in your case/enclosure.

I was looking at bigfootcomputers.com which is the only canadian source I can find for watercooling supplies and they only have the 655 swiftech pump. Would this suit the dual GPU waterblocks on the sli cards?

AlanD911 said:
I was looking at bigfootcomputers.com which is the only canadian source I can find for watercooling supplies and they only have the 655 swiftech pump. Would this suit the dual GPU waterblocks on the sli cards?

that is the same thing as the D5, and there are several ways to mount a rad. You could Dremel out the top of your case or build a rad box for the radiator. There are many different threads about this in the forum. just got to look for them.

shawkins said:
You would be able to fit a BIX3 on top. Check out my "Project: Blue II" in my sig to see how I mounted my BIX3.

it depends what case he has and how long his powersupply is. BIX2 is a little safer for that reason and wont do much worse at all performance wise.

Aidenswarrior said:
it depends what case he has and how long his powersupply is. BIX2 is a little safer for that reason and wont do much worse at all performance wise.
His sig says he has a chenming dragon, which is the same case I have.

Back