Exclamation does excess heat affect superglue???

i want to superglue a fan onto my north chip heatsink but i am worried about excess heat melting the superglue away. i can't screw in the fan cuz the fan wasn't made for the heatsink. any thoughts? is there something out there that is a better adhesive that isn't too expensive?

I superglued homemade heatsinks to the 3 GPUs on a voodoo2 & had no problems.. they're still on tighter than hell..

I also superglued some homemade heatsinks to the memory chips on a voodoo3 3500TV & they're still on tight.. heat doesn't seem to be much of a problem for it.

The way I did it was I used some ASII in the center and some superglue on the edges. I think you can also mix the ASII & glue and just use that all over. I've read about people doin that way, but never tried it.

If you're just gluin a fan onto the heatsink, they're shouldn't be any prob at all..

I'm a little teapot Senior WyrmMaster's Avatar
    My northbridge and graphics card fans are both held on with superglue. Make sure you put thermal past over the chip, and alittle drop of superglue in the corners.

If you want to ever take it off without breaking the chip, try a couple of dabs of hot melt glue around the edges instead.

10 Year Badge
    ummm....wont hot melt glue melt offf....i dont recommend it......superglue i believe can stand up to 100C heat so unless youre petting passive cooling on an athlon you should be fine....

"Strong with the fold this boy is, fold you must"-NASSoccer
    its a shame you cant ban people for being ignorant fanboys....
    My Heatware
    [Gigabyte MA790X-UDP4][PHII 940BE][Thermalright Ultra90][2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC][Palit HD4850][Enhance 5150GH][Windows 7,Ubuntu 12.04]

If your northbridge gets hot enough to melt it you got some problems

Also, don't put it on the chip itself, set the sink in position and put it around the edges.

Super glue doesn't set correctly with very much heat but if you let it dry its fine from that point on.

Most good hot glue has a working temp of around 350f so if it melts on you PC you HAD a problem

If my northbridge hits 350 I either got a mess or a lean mean machine!