• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis: CryTek's New Engine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TrunkZ, d94 both of you, seriously.. I should hope your systems are up to playing this game.. for greef sake.. you both have 2 gigs of ram and very powerfull video cards. If you guys dont have the suggested system specs I would hate to see the suggested system requirements..

when they said DX10 I would assume that it will be needed on the software level (I doubt there will be a hardware DX10 based card before this game comes out)

d94.. Im not so sure you'll have a full screen at the highest resolution with all the extras on those monitors of yours though..

I remember getting a tech demo of some new crytech thing on a coverdisk a while ago, probably in the first half of last year, maybe the first quarter. All I remember was it was in a scientific environment, there was depth of field blur which looked pretty annoying, and it brought my card to its knees in 1024x768. I think it had a name like 'the project'.

Was that anything to do with this?

the only other game they made was far cry.. so long as the demo had nothing to do with far cry and it had something to do with crytech then it must have had something to do with the new crytech graphics engine most likely..
Anjow.. how does your machine stand up to Far Cry? If it does fine then this might be a game to bring your graphics card to knees at 1024X768. Thats pretty harsh for a 6800GT :p

Funny thing is, no video cards as of now support DX10....heh that will be a mess.

The thing is the editor of Computer Gammer World, Daren Gladstone, has already played it. So there must be some hardware that can handle it at some level right now (he did mention that they were not quite done with the soft shadows on the game yet though)

I do wonder what hardware he was running when he played it though.. :D

greenmaji said:
the only other game they made was far cry.. so long as the demo had nothing to do with far cry and it had something to do with crytech then it must have had something to do with the new crytech graphics engine most likely..
Anjow.. how does your machine stand up to Far Cry? If it does fine then this might be a game to bring your graphics card to knees at 1024X768. Thats pretty harsh for a 6800GT :p

It did have nothing to do with Far Cry, I remember it being a tech demo of their next game 'the project', I can't tell if it was the same engine as far cry though. I think this demo was more of a test of new graphics features like depth of field blur (nice for screenshots but TERRIBLE for playing... our eyes have their own point of focus!).

My machine will run far cry at full settings bar AA at over 40FPS, that said I haven't tried it since I upgraded from the 3000 barton. I am beginning to think that it was probably brought to its knees at the time by the crytech engine and some poorly optimised new graphics features.

members from the crew that made farcry have worked on many tech demos and many games before farcry. one of the games i remember being mentioned on a interview was Duke Nukem Forever :p.

when is the game coming out? the prices for GTX and the XTX was at, they should have been DX10 cards.. for a $600+ card.. thats insane not to be. anyway if my system cant run this game max with AA and AF on ill be upset, cause I didn't save up and build for my system not to be good enuff. also..where are u guys getting those tech demos?

It'll be good enough at lower resolutions dont sweat it. You dont need a DX10 card its called updating via a download or through software. Im pretty sure that ill be able to play it maxed out at 1024 X 768 with at least 60 fps since my average fps was 90 on the lost coast stress test with everything maxed out including HDR.

Back