• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

General Silencing Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very cool. Going to be using the info on HDD quieting very soon :)

Oh and just cuz I am a stickler...

When trying to "trim the fat" of a speech/paper, mentioning that you are trying to "trim the fat" in the speech paper, only adds to the length of it :)

hee hee

Great work :)

Good to see system silencing added to OCF. It can be quite difficult to build a quiet computer and keep it cool at the same time.

My old Coolermaster Sileo 500 literally was silent, problem is the airflow wasn't good enough and the system would overheat on hot days. My current Fractal Design Define R3 is silent by other peoples definition however I can still hear it. It's not as quiet as the old case but cooling is better. Its a tradeoff.

Good to see system silencing added to OCF. It can be quite difficult to build a quiet computer and keep it cool at the same time.

My old Coolermaster Sileo 500 literally was silent, problem is the airflow wasn't good enough and the system would overheat on hot days. My current Fractal Design Define R3 is silent by other peoples definition however I can still hear it. It's not as quiet as the old case but cooling is better. Its a tradeoff.

Another silence nut here and definitely agree about it being difficult. It took a while for me to get the main rig in my sig to be as close to dead silent as possible. The file server was easier with a fanless heatsink, no case fans and the quietest PSU I've ever owned. I look forward to the day when I can replace the hard drives in it with SSDs without breaking the bank.

Uhh... what?

It's true.

Back