• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy Stuff On Ebay Sticky [Post Screenshots and links]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats twice that guy did that...mods are on fire today! (but so are the spammers! I caught two including that guy 20 mins ago!)

HOLLY CRAP.... mods are like flies on stink today... that post got deleted QUICK.

Thanks to the new and improved poof-a-matic 5000. Now in an extra strength formula.
:)

Keep reporting them faster.. They are gone faster. The staff can't see everything at once. Close though, with the help of reporting.

Radeon HD 5870 AS-IS (support free video cards!)

Yes, I'm selling this damaged 5870 for $210. There is a story here . . .

If you've been checking your local Craigslist site looking for this video card, you probably already know that some weirdo is reimbursing people who purchase a 5770 or 5870 if they let him use the card for parallel computing when the PC isn't in use. Well, that weirdo is me!

I've been paying people to buy these cards left and right, and as a result, I'm now famous. My famous/weirdo self having owned this card makes it extremely valuable, and makes up for its busted-up state.

I bought this card used, and when I got it home and it didn't work, I knew I had been ripped off. I was so angry that I took a baseball bat and beat this video card to death. This card is CRACKED, DENTED, and IN MORE THAN ONE PIECE. You should NOT expect the card or any component of it to work in any way.

By buying this video card, you will enable me to give more working 5870 cards away. You'll be supporting my generosity, and you'll get this broken card which is EASILY worth $210 since it was owned by me.

But wait, there's more! If you buy it, I will sign the video card and write a brief note on it, congratulating you on your keen sense of value.

Please DO NOT contact me asking how to get a free 5770 or 5870 video card. I want to continue to give working 5770s and 5870s away to other people, but I want YOU to pay $210 for this destroyed one.

Q: Hi, Interesting story but I was wondering if are you willing to sell this for $30? I have no intention of low balling you but I mean for a non working card its not that bad of a deal. Can you please indicate which company is it from? Thanks. Feb-21-11
A: $30?! I should say not! This card is not worth one penny less than $210. As for the manufacturer, I believe it is a Sapphire card, but it is difficult to tell. This card has been beaten so badly it may not be identifiable other than by dental records.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radeon-HD-5870-...392?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item45f8c593b0

Back