• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq Presario M2000 Needs RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3DFlyer

Banned
Hi folks, I have a freind that is not really into computers, and he wanted me to ask you fine folks here if there is a way to upgrade the RAM in his Compaq Presario M2000.

I'm not really up on the notebook computers anymore, and have some questions that I need information on so that I can help him out.

Are there dimm slots in this model?
If so, what RAM types are supported?
Also, what speeds, and what is the max amount of RAM that can be added.

He is using this for flight sim practice, and it may not be the best platform for flight simming, but he is a student, and doesn't have lots of money.

We would like to get him up to about 1GB of fairly high quality memory. There will no OC'ing on this machine. He just would like to "plug and play" if possible.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'm sorry man, I don't think your friend will have much luck with his M2000, even if he upgrades his ram. I have the v2000, same model but AMD proc instead of PM. He's using an ATI Express200 integrated graphics card. Getting more ram will let him allocate more memory to the card in the BIOS, but I don't think it will help him that much.

It should be just PC 2700 DDR 333 So-dimm memory.

Back