• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More speed or more RAM but same kind....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After running at those nice speeds for a couple of days, the RAM became completely unstable. I just replaced them with the same kind, another pair of OCZ 1GB Platinum and I'm current running everything at stock Auto speeds to see what happens now. Do you guys think that because the old pair were always run at 3.0V since I got them and they were supposed to run at 2.7V at their rated speeds that it could have damaged them or what? The RAM was still working when I returned them, just VERY unstable and at boot up would randomly, not every time, give me a RAM test failed error message. What do you guys think I should do to have these 2 new sticks burn in to the best to squeeze the most out of them as much as possible in the long run. Should I just use them at stock speeds for a few days then burn them in with memtest at stock speeds before OCing them or what? All help is greatly appreciated ;)

Well at stock speed everything my PC was stable all through out my tasks in windows but failed to load up Battlefield 2, just stuck at a black screen and I had to restart. Now I have FSB at 220 so RAM is at 440 and CPU at 2.2Ghz and I put mac voltage on everything except the RAM is at 2.75, let's see how this goes :)

Back