Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    (Lat 47 8' 22.1316")(Long -122 29' 52.9152") (Lakewood Wa)
    yeah thx diego,... btw i linked to 3 different sizes in my post above, if you want to copy the links to your main post.

btw gave you props in my 1680x1050

[Game Rig] AMD FX6300 Asrock 970 Extreme4 16GB Ripjaw PC314900 HD7850 Seasonic 850w Windows 8.1
    [Dads] Intel Celeron 530 - Biostar H61MGC - 4GB TeamWin DDR3 - PowerColor R7 260X - 160GB - FSP Bluestorm 500w - Win 8.1
    [Unused System] Intel 6500 - Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L - 4GB DDR2 3x3TB, 6x1TB , 1x2TB - Antec Earthwatt 650w - W7+FlexRaid
    (HEATWARE)

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile
    I see you play joint Ops. - what types of FPS u get on multiplayer large maps?

When i had my x800 XT and a pressy 3.2 @ 3.6, i could never crank things - usally run 1280 x something with "maybe" 2x AA but FPS would drop to 20 FPS often and rarely go over 40.

,`, Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part ,`,
    ,`, The trouble with life is theres no background music ,`,
    ,`, Life isnt short, you're just dead for too long,`,

Senior Member overclocking at the speed of plaid Enablingwolf's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    I have 3 AC Ryan fans. Yes they are louder then specs mention. The 120MM are hawt looking. I have the green/blue fans.

One thing, I can definatly hear the motor. They are loud and give off more noise then I would like for my quiet computer. The 92MM I have are not as bad. They push a fair amount of air. I keep my fans on low with a controller and the feature of a seperate tail for the lights is sweet. By the way, performance-pc does not sleeve these. They are out of the box sleeved.

http://www.acryan.com/_fan/index.shtml

No one ever expects Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Quote Originally Posted by go lgdo
    I used a Cannon Coolpix 995 4.1 magepixal, its about 4 years old now.
    CP 995 is a 3MP unit. A very good camera, I've had an CP950, 990, and my mother still has her 995.
    Home Rig - cod2 tool--------------------------------------------------------------------------------School Rig - work tool
    CPU P4 561 @ 220fsb/4GHz------------------------------------------------------------------------CPU P4 506 @ 200fsb/4GHz
    MB Abit AG8-V Video EVGA 7800GT-----------------------------------------------------------------MB Abit AS8-V Video EVGA GF 6200
    Memory 4x512MB BH5 - DDR440-2,2,2,5------------------------------------------------------Memory 2x512MB Corsair VS400-2.5,3,3,8
    Cooling Scythe Ninja w/103cfm 120x38mm Sanyo-------------------------------------------Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 4 w/Intel 92mm fan
    Sound SoundBastid Live Case AMS gTower PS TPII-480----------------------------------Sound Integrated audio Case Antec SLK1650 PS SP2-350
    Storage 74GB Raptor - 2x200GB Samsung - LG4167b DVD-RW------------------------Storage 2x160GB Hitachi SATA - LG4163b DVD-RW - 250MB Zip
    Display Dell 2005FPW 20" widescreen LCD Printer - Canon i9900
    ---------------Display Viewsonic VX2025 20" widescreen LCD Printer - Canon i860

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Guvernment
    I see you play joint Ops. - what types of FPS u get on multiplayer large maps?

When i had my x800 XT and a pressy 3.2 @ 3.6, i could never crank things - usally run 1280 x something with "maybe" 2x AA but FPS would drop to 20 FPS often and rarely go over 40.
    In Joint Ops I play at...

• 4x AA
    • Anistropic High
    • 4 settings on left column Normal/High
    • 4 settings on right column on Medium/High except No Frame Effects

Average about 60-80fps running around in a hectic attack zone and 150 fps in a empty spawn(default), although there times on the map Cold Water Gap, between C and D when the nade spam is coming in heavy FPS drops to 40. Joint Ops has to be one of the worst games to take advantage of the 7800GTX.

Here is a SS of what Joint ops looks like on my PC Mr.Guvernment...

Quote Originally Posted by Enablingwolf
    I have 3 AC Ryan fans. Yes they are louder then specs mention. The 120MM are hawt looking. I have the green/blue fans.

One thing, I can definatly hear the motor. They are loud and give off more noise then I would like for my quiet computer. The 92MM I have are not as bad. They push a fair amount of air. I keep my fans on low with a controller and the feature of a seperate tail for the lights is sweet. By the way, performance-pc does not sleeve these. They are out of the box sleeved.

http://www.acryan.com/_fan/index.shtml
    IMO they are not too bad, but its not like I can really hear them with my headphones on and I can turn them down to a whisper with my fan controller. In the SilverStone case they seem pretty quite.

I thought that PerformancePCS.com did sleeve them because I asked for green sleeving and thats what I got, I only asked because it did not state what color sleeving was currently used.

Can you take a pic of the fan that your using if you its the same kinda that I have but Trim of fan being Blue and fan balde being Green I would like to seewhat it looks like whenever you get the chance,.

10 Year Badge
    Yeah the link I posted shows the combination of colors the maker(AC Ryan) offers. My sleeving is green. Hard to tell since I like to hide most my wires. I went with the green/blue. It matched the inside of my case at the time and the controller LED.

Since it matches the body of the fan. I would say you got the stock sleeve. If your box was opened prior to you getting it. They did resleeve them for you. Since performance-pc is good for that kind of order. All you have to do is ask, and they will do what they can. Most of the fans they do sell are sleeved, but these are sleeved from the maker. They do all sorts of neat stuff to stuff they sell. AFAIK, performance-pc is the only US vendor to carry this brand of fans.

As for the sound levels. The smaller fans don't have the vibration issue and motor noise like the 120MM. They are not at the rated level advertised. My 120MM Coolermaster fan is much quieter and is comparable to the rated specs. I run a quiet PC or attmept to. When I heardthe vibration, I was not totally happy. When I seen the bling bling, I though, ok, I can live witha little vibration and motor noise. lol I even have the fan that makes the most noise dampened from the case. It helped some, but the motor noise is still there. There is many reviews of the 120MM having minor vibration sounds and motor whine.

When I crank these fans up, they move a good amount of air. Even at low settings, they give me what I need. I also use a controller on them. Having the dual power is one of the selling points I liked. That way the LEDs don't dim when they are running on low RPM. Now that is sweet! I did find out if I don't use the seperate tail. I got pulses from the fans. Since my controller is a PWM type.

I do like my fans alot. There is some things that a silent nut would not like. For someone who wants looks and features. These fans are not to bad.

Green fans with blue lights.
    Last edited by Enablingwolf; 02-04-06 at 12:14 PM.

WOW that is a very clean setup you have there Enablingwolf! NICE wire managment!

Senior Delta Fanatic Electron Chaser's Avatar
    Nice looking fans!!! Nice pics as well
    I am the Senior Omega of the Delta ... Fan Users :burn:
    Custom 48" X 24" X 12" Case- Abit IC7-MAX3 - Pentium 4 3.4 EE @ 4.2 |Mach II Phase Cooled
    BFG 6800 Ultra @ 470 | NV-68 Water Cooled -1.5 GB PQI PC4400 -1 KW PCP&C -
    2 X Raptor 150GB RAID 0 , 2 74GB Raptor RAID 1, 1 36GB Raptor, 1 250GB WD SATA
    BIX3 w/ 3 GFB1212VHW Fans (660 CFM Total) -Case Fans 5 EFB1212SHE (710 CFM Total)
    MB / RAM Cooler 2 TFB1212GHE (440 CFM Total)

:cool: 1800+ CFM of Pure Delta Coolness :cool:
    Someone Help you out? Post a Thank you here. Project Denali Heat

nono, not the SCREW holes...i mean VENT holes!

you didnt make a hole in the side of the case for air...is that "ok"?

10 Year Badge
    Thank you

I try for the cleanest air, so when I run the fans at the lowest possible CFM. I do not get restriction. Why I use ribbon calbes. That way I can route them through the tray, under the board. I cut in spots to allow pass through. I intend later on when I get a new PSU, turning the drives. So the power cables/IDE are in the rear. That was a design mistake on my part.

If I could or would do it over, I would have even less wiring showing.

Here is a shot lit up. You can see the mess in all its glory.

The top of the setup is my ire. I cannot seem to get that as clean as I would like to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChonChon
    nono, not the SCREW holes...i mean VENT holes!

you didnt make a hole in the side of the case for air...is that "ok"?
    Ok I understand what your saying now, I have about 30mm between the fan and the side panel so it is able to pull a good amount of aire onto the cards. I have (2) fans sucking air in from the front of the case, (1) is a 120mm just like the others shown in the pics and above that is a AeroCool 80mm X-Blaster 80mm Fan that can do 53CFM ... http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-105.html

I would prefer to cut a hole into the side panel, but the silverston side panel looks like glass, its soo clear, I'd hate to mess it up trying to make a fan hole.

OOHHHH

did u use layers of double sided tape? LOL i dont get it..

i want to do this right now actually...

how did u stick it on withought using the middle (because the propellors will not spin)?

well given that i have a case with a "pci vent" (the little rectangular group of circles where the PCI slots), i put a fan there with half of the fan on it (air comes into the fan through there) and used double sided tape on the CORNERS where the screws should be, and i have air to my video card and sound card now (the pci fan had to go cuz my sound screwed up on the mobo).

so its all good.

i now have:

a back fan blowing hot air out of the case,
    a side case fan (where it should be) blowing air INTO the computer,
    a side fan below the above fan blowing to the PCI cards i have (video and sound), and;
    a front fan blowing INTO the computer (mainly the hard drive)

hah , you wont beleive me put i appied as background , since i formated my pc i didnt ave time to find a new one , so im fine with it , also the fans seems a good speed/noise ratio

Hey.., did any of you notice anything weird about itshondo's desktop picture? I glanced at it but then did a double take. Is that what I think it is?

HAHAHAHHAHA

nice one i like that man

ROFL he even has a shadow :P and he matches the case !!

Great string.., good stuff!

(Lat 47 8' 22.1316")(Long -122 29' 52.9152") (Lakewood Wa)
    lmfao...

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR TO THE RESCUE!
    [Game Rig] AMD FX6300 Asrock 970 Extreme4 16GB Ripjaw PC314900 HD7850 Seasonic 850w Windows 8.1
    [Dads] Intel Celeron 530 - Biostar H61MGC - 4GB TeamWin DDR3 - PowerColor R7 260X - 160GB - FSP Bluestorm 500w - Win 8.1
    [Unused System] Intel 6500 - Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L - 4GB DDR2 3x3TB, 6x1TB , 1x2TB - Antec Earthwatt 650w - W7+FlexRaid
    (HEATWARE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast