• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMAZING LOOKING 120mm FANS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah thx diego,... btw i linked to 3 different sizes in my post above, if you want to copy the links to your main post.

btw gave you props in my 1680x1050

diegodesktop.jpg

I see you play joint Ops. - what types of FPS u get on multiplayer large maps?

When i had my x800 XT and a pressy 3.2 @ 3.6, i could never crank things - usally run 1280 x something with "maybe" 2x AA but FPS would drop to 20 FPS often and rarely go over 40.

I have 3 AC Ryan fans. Yes they are louder then specs mention. The 120MM are hawt looking. I have the green/blue fans.

One thing, I can definatly hear the motor. They are loud and give off more noise then I would like for my quiet computer. The 92MM I have are not as bad. They push a fair amount of air. I keep my fans on low with a controller and the feature of a seperate tail for the lights is sweet. By the way, performance-pc does not sleeve these. They are out of the box sleeved.

http://www.acryan.com/_fan/index.shtml

Ðïëgo Ðëlgådo said:
I used a Cannon Coolpix 995 4.1 magepixal, its about 4 years old now.
CP 995 is a 3MP unit. A very good camera, I've had an CP950, 990, and my mother still has her 995.

Mr.Guvernment said:
I see you play joint Ops. - what types of FPS u get on multiplayer large maps?

When i had my x800 XT and a pressy 3.2 @ 3.6, i could never crank things - usally run 1280 x something with "maybe" 2x AA but FPS would drop to 20 FPS often and rarely go over 40.

In Joint Ops I play at...

• 4x AA
  • Anistropic High
  • 4 settings on left column Normal/High
  • 4 settings on right column on Medium/High except No Frame Effects

Average about 60-80fps running around in a hectic attack zone and 150 fps in a empty spawn(default), although there times on the map Cold Water Gap, between C and D when the nade spam is coming in heavy FPS drops to 40. Joint Ops has to be one of the worst games to take advantage of the 7800GTX.

Here is a SS of what Joint ops looks like on my PC Mr.Guvernment...

jointops20051016225936927jk.jpg

Enablingwolf said:
I have 3 AC Ryan fans. Yes they are louder then specs mention. The 120MM are hawt looking. I have the green/blue fans.

One thing, I can definatly hear the motor. They are loud and give off more noise then I would like for my quiet computer. The 92MM I have are not as bad. They push a fair amount of air. I keep my fans on low with a controller and the feature of a seperate tail for the lights is sweet. By the way, performance-pc does not sleeve these. They are out of the box sleeved.

http://www.acryan.com/_fan/index.shtml

IMO they are not too bad, but its not like I can really hear them with my headphones on and I can turn them down to a whisper with my fan controller. In the SilverStone case they seem pretty quite.

I thought that PerformancePCS.com did sleeve them because I asked for green sleeving and thats what I got, I only asked because it did not state what color sleeving was currently used.

Can you take a pic of the fan that your using if you its the same kinda that I have but Trim of fan being Blue and fan balde being Green I would like to seewhat it looks like whenever you get the chance,.

Yeah the link I posted shows the combination of colors the maker(AC Ryan) offers. My sleeving is green. Hard to tell since I like to hide most my wires. I went with the green/blue. It matched the inside of my case at the time and the controller LED.

Since it matches the body of the fan. I would say you got the stock sleeve. If your box was opened prior to you getting it. They did resleeve them for you. Since performance-pc is good for that kind of order. All you have to do is ask, and they will do what they can. Most of the fans they do sell are sleeved, but these are sleeved from the maker. They do all sorts of neat stuff to stuff they sell. AFAIK, performance-pc is the only US vendor to carry this brand of fans.

As for the sound levels. The smaller fans don't have the vibration issue and motor noise like the 120MM. They are not at the rated level advertised. My 120MM Coolermaster fan is much quieter and is comparable to the rated specs. I run a quiet PC or attmept to. When I heardthe vibration, I was not totally happy. When I seen the bling bling, I though, ok, I can live witha little vibration and motor noise. lol I even have the fan that makes the most noise dampened from the case. It helped some, but the motor noise is still there. There is many reviews of the 120MM having minor vibration sounds and motor whine.

When I crank these fans up, they move a good amount of air. Even at low settings, they give me what I need. I also use a controller on them. Having the dual power is one of the selling points I liked. That way the LEDs don't dim when they are running on low RPM. Now that is sweet! I did find out if I don't use the seperate tail. I got pulses from the fans. Since my controller is a PWM type.

I do like my fans alot. There is some things that a silent nut would not like. For someone who wants looks and features. These fans are not to bad. :D

Green fans with blue lights.
fans.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you :D

I try for the cleanest air, so when I run the fans at the lowest possible CFM. I do not get restriction. Why I use ribbon calbes. That way I can route them through the tray, under the board. I cut in spots to allow pass through. I intend later on when I get a new PSU, turning the drives. So the power cables/IDE are in the rear. That was a design mistake on my part. :shrug:

If I could or would do it over, I would have even less wiring showing.

Here is a shot lit up. You can see the mess in all its glory.

Lfans.jpg

The top of the setup is my ire. I cannot seem to get that as clean as I would like to have it.

ChonChon said:
nono, not the SCREW holes...i mean VENT holes!

you didnt make a hole in the side of the case for air...is that "ok"?

Ok I understand what your saying now, I have about 30mm between the fan and the side panel so it is able to pull a good amount of aire onto the cards. I have (2) fans sucking air in from the front of the case, (1) is a 120mm just like the others shown in the pics and above that is a AeroCool 80mm X-Blaster 80mm Fan that can do 53CFM ... http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-105.html

I would prefer to cut a hole into the side panel, but the silverston side panel looks like glass, its soo clear, I'd hate to mess it up trying to make a fan hole.

well given that i have a case with a "pci vent" (the little rectangular group of circles where the PCI slots), i put a fan there with half of the fan on it (air comes into the fan through there) and used double sided tape on the CORNERS where the screws should be, and i have air to my video card and sound card now (the pci fan had to go cuz my sound screwed up on the mobo).

so its all good.

i now have:

a back fan blowing hot air out of the case,
a side case fan (where it should be) blowing air INTO the computer,
a side fan below the above fan blowing to the PCI cards i have (video and sound), and;
a front fan blowing INTO the computer (mainly the hard drive)

hah , you wont beleive me put i appied as background , since i formated my pc i didnt ave time to find a new one , so im fine with it , also the fans seems a good speed/noise ratio

Hey.., did any of you notice anything weird about itshondo's desktop picture? I glanced at it but then did a double take. Is that what I think it is?

dthondo.jpg

Back