• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Trust my Temps with Presler 920 & ECS board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlackAdjuster

Registered
This Crappy ECS 945P-A Board & Pressler 920 I got from a Fry's combo even flashing to the latest bios I can't seem to trust the temps on this board. It showed 25c on idle and 36c load with the stock cooler & now I installed my Thermalright XP90 & a 2400 RPM Panflo & shows 20C idle and 28c load. Only slightly OC'd to 3.16 Ghz I know this can't be correct. It's got me gun shy to attempt a higher OC.

SlackAdjuster

Intel Pentium Presler 920 @ 3.16GHZ Dual Core
Crappy ECS 945P-A
Evga 7800GT PCIe
Thermalright XP-90 w/ Panflow 2400rpm
Rosewill 550 Watt PS
Mushkin Enhanced DDR2 533 2X1gb
WD SATA 160gb
SB Audigy 2
WinXP Pro

Case temps are running 11-14c, the XP90 is only slightly warm at the base of it. I know the 65nm chips run pretty cool at stock but that temp is definately not correct....

Thanks,
SlackAdjuster

There's nothing you can trust about an ECS board other than that it will be screamin' cheap.

SlackAdjuster said:
This Crappy ECS 945P-A Board & Pressler 920 I got from a Fry's combo even flashing to the latest bios I can't seem to trust the temps on this board. It showed 25c on idle and 36c load with the stock cooler & now I installed my Thermalright XP90 & a 2400 RPM Panflo & shows 20C idle and 28c load. Only slightly OC'd to 3.16 Ghz I know this can't be correct. It's got me gun shy to attempt a higher OC.

SlackAdjuster

Intel Pentium Presler 920 @ 3.16GHZ Dual Core
Crappy ECS 945P-A
Evga 7800GT PCIe
Thermalright XP-90 w/ Panflow 2400rpm
Rosewill 550 Watt PS
Mushkin Enhanced DDR2 533 2X1gb
WD SATA 160gb
SB Audigy 2
WinXP Pro

those temps sound correct. my thermaltake big typhoon idles at about 28c at 3.6, and this is verified by 4 different programs. MB temp was like 45, but i put a fan directly on the NB and its come down to like 38 on full load.

i would use a couple more programs to see if youre getting the same readings. if you are really sketch about it, get a multimeter with a thermometer attatchment.

His LOAD is 28c. And Asus's report fairly low temperatures, throw an Abit in there and you will find your numbers are a lot higher. I think the Abit numbers better reflect reality.

why not just pickup a temp probe and get an accurate reading, should have one of those anyway mate ;)

Back