• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So What Comes Next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HungryForHertz

It might just be me, But I sense a revolutuion coming. The x1900XTX, the 7800GTX. What comes at x2000 and 8000? I don't know maybe there won't be, but I feel there should be, with DirectX 10 and all. Maybe not faster but something that just improves quality?

Discuss.

Dual GPU on one card? Eliminates the need for two phystical cards for SLI / Corssfire. Then again, that would most likely = less $$ for card manufacturers... so who knows? =)

Just seems it would make sense how everything has gone Dual. DDR, Dual Core, SLI, etc. Getting both cores on one card would be a nice progression I would imagine.

My 2c.

You can already buy dual gpu cards...i think ASUS has a dual 7800GT but it's around 800$ :\

The release of dual cards supported from NVidia/ATi will mean quadruple cards?

Maybe even more than 2 cards working in SLI/Crossfire?

------

Probably not... probable... but I'd like to see some joint project between NVidia and ATi.

Brood_Star said:
The release of dual cards supported from NVidia/ATi will mean quadruple cards?

Maybe even more than 2 cards working in SLI/Crossfire?

------

Probably not... probable... but I'd like to see some joint project between NVidia and ATi.

Thats called QUAD GPU SLI.

And yes, its in the works....

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/14/sneak_preview_of_the_nvidia_quad_gpu_setup/

front-and-back-asus-cards.jpg

no-sli-bridge.jpg

External power connectors!
quad-2powerleads.jpg

Back