• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 3700+ Oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twoeyes

Ok currently i'm at 2.64Ghz with no voltage increase on a thermaltake bigtyphoon, so far its been stable in prime for 3 1/2 hours, and I dont see any reason why it would crap out on me, its not that high of an OC yet... Anyway my question is how high would you guys guess I can go before a voltage increase will be necessary?

theres only one way to know for sure, test it...

you might be able to get 2.7ghz with stock voltage, but I wouldnt expect too much past that.

Just push it until it gets unstable, then give it a little bump in voltage.

ok couple things, 1. how much should i raise the voltage at a time? 2. what temps should i be shooting for? Right now I'm at 40C load after 3+ hours of prime

Anything under 55C at 100% load is OK. I would recommend making the smallest increase possible, and test. If it fails, increase by 1 more level until you get it stable. Too much voltage = unnecessary het.

Currently @ 2.75Ghz stock volts temps still hovering around 40C... looks like i got lucky! Prime has been running near an hour now.

I've been overclocking my 3700+ as well, and with the XP-90 I'm at 250x11 prime stable for 9 hours+ at 34C load and a Vcore of 1.54. I want to push it higher but I don't like the amount of voltage I'm pushing into the thing.

those are awsome temps nice work... I think im going to tighten my heatsink down when i get home cause I dont think its as tight as it could be, I gotta be careful not to crack my cpu though. I just remember watching my temps plummit on my GPU from 50 to 30 after tighting my heatsink down (watched it in real time as i screwed it down lol) so I guess its left a mark on me. I'm going to try to hit 3Ghz though definitely... Doesnt seem out of reach since I only have 300 more MHZ and I havent even upped the voltage yet.

Last summer a friend brough over his overheating P4, turns out one of the sides wasnt even clipped down. Made the different between 55C load and 35C load. I have no idea how far you are going to get, people have been known to hit walls for almost no reason at all. But it looks like you have a good shot at hitting 3ghz, I wish you luck!

Sorry for the double post, but I have my CPU at 250x11 at 1.44V-1.45V (2.75ghz) running prime stable for almost an hour, max load temp of 33C. Getting excited :)

I'm currently at 2.86Ghz volts are 1.47, was running at 2.7 no problem with stock volts

i got to 2.805ghz wihtout any increase in v. 13 hours of prime revealed 2 sum errors, so upped to 1.425. itsbeen 3 days of prime glicth free....

albynomonk said:
Anything under 55C at 100% load is OK. I would recommend making the smallest increase possible, and test. If it fails, increase by 1 more level until you get it stable. Too much voltage = unnecessary heat.

Also, unnecessary "wear and tear" on the cpu. The lower the volts, the better (long term, anyways).

If I increase the frequency past 250, I'd have to change the HTT multiplier to 3x... wouldnt that lower my FSB? Is it really worth pushing to 273x11 (3.03ghz) with only 819mhz fsb? Maybe I'm missing something here or I'm confused about something...

fsb does not exist in the k8 architecture, or so they say. you will rarely make use of your 800mhz.
at the 250 mark i´ve still kept 4x htt and many people do keep it at 5x too. as long as you dont go far above 1000, or below 800 you are fine

edit: yea i´ve seen people posting stable 1150 ht, i got mine at 1024

Last edited:
Back