• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best "make a computer" site ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ticktock123

I was talking to some friends of mine and they had never even seen this site that i gave them. It is a GREAT site and i am still shoping there.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/

They have it so you can make a computer from the ground up or get a new system pre built. The thing i like the most is the fact that they are so darn cheap but good.

Hope you like

A very VERY good point. but i figure that i will mod my computer with new parts and such enough though out the time of owning it so getting a good starting price is worth it

Hell I like to take my computer apart, wrap the parts up then unwrap and put it back together. It is like christmas everytime! (Ok, ok, maybe i am not that crazzy). I do enjoy building my computers though. Glad you found a good site though

i think they are also known is ibuypower.com or something like that, gameve.com is part of their company also.

they are here in monterey park, ca about 15 minutes from me. most of us have extra hardware so putting pc's together is the most economical and best way to get performance.

except for companies like alienware and others, i usually don't see high end pc's from these system builders.

the video cards are good but the mobo's usually aren't.

ticktock123 said:
I was talking to some friends of mine and they had never even seen this site that i gave them. It is a GREAT site and i am still shoping there.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/

They have it so you can make a computer from the ground up or get a new system pre built. The thing i like the most is the fact that they are so darn cheap but good.

Hope you like

If i'm buying them prebuild i'll go to dell, thanks.

my friend recently ordered a high-end rig from this place... specs as follows...

A8N32-SLI
X2 4800+
Duel Layer DVD Burner
Graphics Card - Lowest Option (He then baught a 7800GT from newegg because it was cheaper)
Memory - Lowest Option (He then baught GSkill Extreme 2 gig pc4000 kit because it was much cheaper)

It was a pretty reasonable price, plus he got free shipping.

I bought 3 PCs off them when I was just learning about PC building. A great company, but I would much rather get 25 little boxes from the Egg and put it together myself.

I went to the page to build a dual-core system, and the X1800XT ($457) is cheaper to put in than the X850XT-PE ($472).
Pretty expensive site, but at least they give you a lot of options.

Actually, these guys arent all that bad. Not that I would buy from them, I enjoy building my own. I just configured a computer exactly the same as the one I plan on getting, and from just newegg it would cost ~$900, at this place it was only a hair over $1200, which is only a $300 difference. I know there is no way a $1200 dell would beat that.

Hey hey, if he wanted to buy a pre-built computer, let him. You can still OC pre-built computers, and if you pick the same parts, heck they'd probably perform just as well as computers you build, except for a higher price. Some people may prefer the performance of regular DIY computers AND have the support and simpler warranties. There are many advantages of pre-built computers, the pros and cons are both sides are a lot, so it's up to the person to see if its suited to him/her.

To each their own.

I buy my case first so I can mod it etc before I drop parts in, so unless they have free dremeling services, I'm not sold ;)

Great for my mom, not so great for me :)

Thank you darksparkz. First off i would like to Apologize for anything that i said before, it was rude. I just ment for this thread to be a cool little note about a site that i felt was news worthy. I feel that pre-built computers are good but i also learn a lot from upgradeing them when the time comes. What ever choice some some makes is up to them and unlike me i hope people can understand that.

-KF-

Back