Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Xenia OH
    Posts
    511

    ePOWER EP-500XP ATX12V/ EPS12V

    I'm looking for a PS to run a system with P4 3.2 @ 4.26GHz (will need about 1.4-1.45v) along with GF 7800GT. Will just have a single hard drive and a couple of optical drives.

    I was thinking about the ePOWER EP-500XP ATX12V/ EPS12V: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817101518

    Was also considering this one: ePOWER Puma II EP-450XP-P2B 450W
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817101513

    These are apparently made by Tagan. Anyone have any thought on either one of these two. Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Member Turtle Shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendora CA
    Posts
    716
    never heard of them before but if that one is a no go(not sure) how much are you willing to spend?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Know Nuttin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,898
    Topower should be the OEM for them. Looks to be about the same internally as an OCZ Modstream. Decent and should do the job fine for your system.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, Asus M5A88-V Evo, 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 , Coolermaster Hyper212+, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB, Antec EA-380
    Lenovo X200, P8400 C2D, 8GB, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Xenia OH
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Shell
    never heard of them before but if that one is a no go(not sure) how much are you willing to spend?
    Was trying to keep it under $75

  5. #5
    Member Turtle Shell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendora CA
    Posts
    716
    well for that i bluestorm may be a better choice not sure though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Know Nuttin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,898
    There aren't any single rail PSU's that I would recommend under $75.

    The Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w would power your setup. I believe it's about $64 at Newegg (was last time I checked). That's probably your best buy in that price range. Dual rail but it can handle the load, the only caveat is fan noise.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, Asus M5A88-V Evo, 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 , Coolermaster Hyper212+, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB, Antec EA-380
    Lenovo X200, P8400 C2D, 8GB, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Know Nuttin
    There aren't any single rail PSU's that I would recommend under $75.

    The Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w would power your setup. I believe it's about $64 at Newegg (was last time I checked). That's probably your best buy in that price range. Dual rail but it can handle the load, the only caveat is fan noise.
    I have this PSU and I can tell you that the fan noise is barely there. It has 2 fans but the outer fan is temp controlled and I have yet to see it run...It's very quiet...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Know Nuttin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by tdamocles
    I have this PSU and I can tell you that the fan noise is barely there. It has 2 fans but the outer fan is temp controlled and I have yet to see it run...It's very quiet...
    What is your setup?

    I can get it to turn on with this setup in my signature, and it doesn't take long. The room I am in is not very hot at all, and I have very good case cooling as well.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, Asus M5A88-V Evo, 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 , Coolermaster Hyper212+, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB, Antec EA-380
    Lenovo X200, P8400 C2D, 8GB, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Know Nuttin
    What is your setup?

    I can get it to turn on with this setup in my signature, and it doesn't take long. The room I am in is not very hot at all, and I have very good case cooling as well.
    Amd 3000+ venice @2800mhz @1.55v w/xp-90c
    Epox 9nda3+
    2x512mb OCZ Gold edition
    2x512mb pc3200 Mushkin Redline
    120gb maxtor pata 133 HD
    80gb pata 100 HD
    smartpower 500w 2.0
    soundblaster cheapo sound
    AtI x800 pro AGP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •