• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ePOWER EP-500XP ATX12V/ EPS12V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmsandrsn

I'm looking for a PS to run a system with P4 3.2 @ 4.26GHz (will need about 1.4-1.45v) along with GF 7800GT. Will just have a single hard drive and a couple of optical drives.

I was thinking about the ePOWER EP-500XP ATX12V/ EPS12V: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101518

Was also considering this one: ePOWER Puma II EP-450XP-P2B 450W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101513

These are apparently made by Tagan. Anyone have any thought on either one of these two. Thanks!!

Topower should be the OEM for them. Looks to be about the same internally as an OCZ Modstream. Decent and should do the job fine for your system.

There aren't any single rail PSU's that I would recommend under $75.

The Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w would power your setup. I believe it's about $64 at Newegg (was last time I checked). That's probably your best buy in that price range. Dual rail but it can handle the load, the only caveat is fan noise.

Know Nuttin said:
There aren't any single rail PSU's that I would recommend under $75.

The Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w would power your setup. I believe it's about $64 at Newegg (was last time I checked). That's probably your best buy in that price range. Dual rail but it can handle the load, the only caveat is fan noise.

I have this PSU and I can tell you that the fan noise is barely there. It has 2 fans but the outer fan is temp controlled and I have yet to see it run...It's very quiet...

tdamocles said:
I have this PSU and I can tell you that the fan noise is barely there. It has 2 fans but the outer fan is temp controlled and I have yet to see it run...It's very quiet...

What is your setup?

I can get it to turn on with this setup in my signature, and it doesn't take long. The room I am in is not very hot at all, and I have very good case cooling as well.

Know Nuttin said:
What is your setup?

I can get it to turn on with this setup in my signature, and it doesn't take long. The room I am in is not very hot at all, and I have very good case cooling as well.

Amd 3000+ venice @2800mhz @1.55v w/xp-90c
Epox 9nda3+
2x512mb OCZ Gold edition
2x512mb pc3200 Mushkin Redline
120gb maxtor pata 133 HD
80gb pata 100 HD
smartpower 500w 2.0
soundblaster cheapo sound
AtI x800 pro AGP

Back