• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK Wolf, my silverstone Zeus Came in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PS - If youre clubber lang with a 33AMP PSU than I am the Russian with 38AMPS on a single rail. :santa:

Dude, this thread is not about OCZ520 vs. ZEUS competition. I recommend both PSU's as well. Remember, the only reason I ordered this PSU and not the OCZ 520 is because Newegg.com was having warehouse difficultes and shipping out 600 watt OCZ's instead of 520's. Thats why I made the educated decision about buying the Zeus 560.

Dom

oh, i didnt know newegg was doing that. monarch has it cheaper right now anyways tho. but thats beside the point. didnt mean to turn it into a vs. just proving a point hehe. but ocz does warranty adjusting the rails within the 5% as indicated on their leds, just for future reference :)

edit* i thought you were rocky? :argue:

Actually, with 45A peak on the Zeus 12V, I'd say it was Rocky in the last 10 minutes of any of the movies, LOL.

zeimbo said:
oh, i didnt know newegg was doing that. monarch has it cheaper right now anyways tho. but thats beside the point. didnt mean to turn it into a vs. just proving a point hehe. but ocz does warranty adjusting the rails within the 5% as indicated on their leds, just for future reference :)

edit* i thought you were rocky? :argue:

LMAO.... I will be the Russian on steroids now when he kills Apollo Creed. :santa:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, gotta love the Zeus at full blast. This is officially the highest I have got out of +12V out of all PSU's that I have used and if you know me you know that I have gone through more then 15+ PSU's in the last year 1/2.

Done using ITE Guardian which is very accurate for those that didn't know cause I was testing it against DMM awhile ago at work and it never got out off .02 / .03 margin.

RedDragonXXX said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, gotta love the Zeus at full blast. This is officially the highest I have got out of +12V out of all PSU's that I have used and if you know me you know that I have gone through more then 15+ PSU's in the last year 1/2.

Done using ITE Guardian which is very accurate for those that didn't know cause I was testing it against DMM awhile ago at work and it never got out off .02 / .03 margin.

Is that using the maximum pot setting?
This PSU is so badass. :)

dominick32 said:
Good god! 90AMPS @ 12v.. Why ????

lol - some servers need that kind of power. Can't think of any offhand, but I'm sure they're out there ;)

Oklahoma Wolf said:
lol - some servers need that kind of power. Can't think of any offhand, but I'm sure they're out there ;)

ive seen a dual xeon sli board that has onboard raid 10 i believe and ive heard that there is a quad opteron board with sli and scsi as well. whats the retail on those badboys?

RedDragonXXX said:
You will need just about that for AM2 socket.

how do you figure? i havent seen much on the power requirements for them yet but i would assume that they are trying to bring down power requirements. i heard from an unnamed source that intel is devloping their procs to come down to around 45w aka bringing the centrino technology to the desktop.

dominick32 said:
I think my Zeus may have been knocked out by this one. lol

Not so fast, that Zippy is rated for 0 ~ 40C operating temperature instead of 0 ~ 50C on the Zeus. So what will happen if the fight is taken up to 50C?? :)

zeimbo said:
how do you figure? i havent seen much on the power requirements for them yet but i would assume that they are trying to bring down power requirements. i heard from an unnamed source that intel is devloping their procs to come down to around 45w aka bringing the centrino technology to the desktop.

I heard it form one of my sources ;)

i hate to break it to you red dragon, but 4+4 and 8pin 12v p4 connector is all the same

it has the same wires going to it, everything is the same except the 4+4 is compatible with 4 pin motherboards :p

EvilCloudStrife said:
i hate to break it to you red dragon, but 4+4 and 8pin 12v p4 connector is all the same

it has the same wires going to it, everything is the same except the 4+4 is compatible with 4 pin motherboards :p

So it's 8-pin, but I don't have the extra wire hanging around ;)

Back