• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK Wolf, my silverstone Zeus Came in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dominick32 said:
Are those multimeter readings or software readings?
Anyhow, I am glad that the pot adjustment worked for you as well. I sure am extremely happy about this. I figure if theyre not multimeter numbers you could very well be risking component damage right now. I am assuming you have some sort of diode linked software program giving you your readings correct?

Dom

Those are software readings but you'd be supprised to know how accurate the ITE is when it comes to reading rails. Earlier when I was testing my other PSU's it was only off by .02 or .03 at the most.

Thanx for this thread or otherwise I wouldn't even known that this PSU had a rail pot.

RedDragonXXX said:
Those are software readings but you'd be supprised to know how accurate the ITE is when it comes to reading rails. Earlier when I was testing my other PSU's it was only off by .02 or .03 at the most.

Thanx for this thread or otherwise I wouldn't even known that this PSU had a rail pot.
No problem. I am just glad it helped someone else out having similar issues with this PSU.

Dom

I have the same PSU...got it like 2 weeks ago and it came in with 12.15V on the rail out of the box (DMM, no load). I turned the pot before I even installed it in the case to 12.50V. The rails barely move even with huge clocks. At 5.4GHz and x1900 @ 760/830 on 3D benches it will drop as much as .11V in Natures only, which still isn't a biggie considering the load. It's a good PSU once you get the pot set, but early versions did have low 12V readings. I'll have a dual core to load it up with tomorrow and see how it handles that with a big vid card. The pot maxes out at 12.75V BTW :)

Some people like to fit their PSUs in their cases :) I have an OCZ too and used it for > 1 year, but ever since I put the single stage in the bottom of my case that 7" deep OCZ is too long by like 1" of course. If they were 5.5-6" like most PSUs, it would've been a no-brainer on the 520...

LordDarik said:
What makes you say that?

In the review by PC Malaysia they encountered the same problem dom, they just had to adjust the pot a little and viola!

Exactly, plus this PSU has better rails the Powerstream. Almost 40A on +12V and it has a native 8-pin power connector instead of two 4-pins.

Looks like I missed all the action while I was away :D

Definitely an early model - sounds like they're looking the other way on the warranty, which is good.

The Powerstreams aren't meant to compete with these Etasis built units - they do so only in price (which is still way too high compared to the Topower P6's they're built on - I can still find the 600W Topower up north here for around $100 cheaper than the OCZ 600W). Aside from that, the 520W has regulation issues of its own as verified by Xbit Labs and jonnyGURU at SL Central. They are not perfect PSU's, although they are very, very good.

RedDragonXXX said:
Exactly, plus this PSU has better rails the Powerstream. Almost 40A on +12V and it has a native 8-pin power connector instead of two 4-pins.

does it have a 3 year powerswap plus and additional 2 year standard warranty? the ocz 520w powerstream was the psu used for ALL of nvidias testing of sli setups, that was then 6800ultras were king. proven reliability and quality

zeimbo said:
does it have a 3 year powerswap plus and additional 2 year standard warranty? the ocz 520w powerstream was the psu used for ALL of nvidias testing of sli setups, that was then 6800ultras were king. proven reliability and quality

When I'm buying PSU's I don't looks for warranty's, I look for performance ;)

And when it comes to price this is a better PSU to get. When 6800Ultras were tested in SLI this PSU wasn't even out.

Powerstreams are awsome PSU's but I like these better.

RedDragonXXX said:
When 6800Ultras were tested in SLI this PSU wasn't even out.

That's true - the Etasis EPAP-560 is a new model. I think the EPAP-550 was available at the time (server version only of course), but that one's dual 12v. And nobody but Etasis has ever offered it IIRC.

Both PSU's depend solely on your personal tastes, which is why I recommend both of them equally. I myself got the Silverstone several months ago and am glad I got it over the Powerstream, but it suits me better and that's why I got it.

I also don't look for warranties in my power supply, in my eyes a good PSU doesn't need a 10 year warranty to be good. If it really has great quality it shouldn't need one.

LordDarik said:
Both PSU's depend solely on your personal tastes, which is why I recommend both of them equally. I myself got the Silverstone several months ago and am glad I got it over the Powerstream, but it suits me better and that's why I got it.

I also don't look for warranties in my power supply, in my eyes a good PSU doesn't need a 10 year warranty to be good. If it really has great quality it shouldn't need one.

I am also glad that I got the Silverstone over the OCZ. You can definitely see the quality and craftsmenship that went into this product. Especially me having the chance to get a good look at the internals. This adjustable pot has made my PSU an absolute iron horse. The way I have it configured now, 5v and 3.3v dont even budge during load. Theyre dead nuts on. Only under intense load does the 12v rail dip to 12.13 now, from 12.18 idle.

I have some pics during testing today. Please note the molex DMM testing and the 12 volt rail displaying 12.32 idle and the 5v displaying over 5.1

Right now I have them adjusted to my own taste at 12.18 and 5.09. idle. I am so happy with this PSU. The name Zeus definitely suits it, if not iron horse, or Rocky Balboa... :santa:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Last edited:
There's not much better than Etasis (= Zeus 560W )...maybe Zippy. I am still looking at the 700W Epislon though...one of the few single PSUs I've seen running x1900 Crossfire without any problems.

dominick32 said:
I am also glad that I got the Silverstone over the OCZ. You can definitely see the quality and craftsmenship that went into this product. Especially me having the chance to get a good look at the internals. This adjustable pot has made my PSU an absolute iron horse. The way I have it configured now, 5v and 3.3v dont even budge during load. Theyre dead nuts on. Only under intense load does the 12v rail dip to 12.13 now, from 12.18 idle.

I have some pics during testing today. Please note the molex DMM testing and the 12 volt rail displaying 12.32 idle and the 5v displaying over 5.1

Right now I have them adjusted to my own taste at 12.18 and 5.09. idle. I am so happy with this PSU. The name Zeus definitely suits it, if not iron horse, or Rocky Balboa... :santa:

the ocz lets you adjust the rails from outside the psu with led indicators letting you know whether or not you are in +-5% of their rated output and the led changes if you are outside the range. the adjusters are on the back right above the power plug and can be done with a flat head screwdriver. AND it has the awesome warranty, i guess this would make the 520w powerstream Clubber Lang? :shrug: :p

zeimbo said:
the ocz lets you adjust the rails from outside the psu with led indicators letting you know whether or not you are in +-5% of their rated output and the led changes if you are outside the range. the adjusters are on the back right above the power plug and can be done with a flat head screwdriver. AND it has the awesome warranty, i guess this would make the 520w powerstream Clubber Lang? :shrug: :p

Dude,
I know this.

You do know that as soon as you use your adjustable rails on the back of the powerstream you completely lose your 5 year warranty right? lol I know this because I had one for a few days and got rid of it. Point being, this PSU is excellent but I happened to get an original model with a poor adjustment. **** happens.

Dom

*edit* double post

Dude,
I know this.

You do know that as soon as you use your adjustable rails on the back of the powerstream you completely lose your 5 year warranty right? lol I know this because I had one for a few days and got rid of it. Point being, this PSU is excellent but I happened to get an original model with a poor adjustment. **** happens.

Dom

*edit* double post

dominick32 said:
Dude,
I know this.

You do know that as soon as you use your adjustable rails on the back of the powerstream you completely lose your 5 year warranty right? lol I know this because I had one for a few days and got rid of it.

Dom

actually, they warranty it for adjusting within the 5% up or down. thats all covered in the warranty, if you sold yours for that reason then that sucks, but you can ask the guys over at bleedingedge or the reps that hang around on dfi-street.

Back