• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xpm2500 vs. a64sempron3100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stock speeds on both? The Barton will be beat easily.
OCed to the max, the Barton will most likely be blown out of the water.

The socket 754 sempron 3100+ runs at 1.8ghz and the mobile barton runs at 1.83ghz so I think that the semrpon, due to having the onboard memory controller, will be superior in most things even comparing stock speeds. The socket 754 semprons with the newer cores overclock well too.

well, i meant to say 2400+ xpm instead of 2500+. right now i have it at 210x11.5=2415 mhz. and yes i will oc the sempron but how much just depends on my other componets i quess

The Coolest said:
This still will hold true with an XP-M 2400+

The Coolest said:
Agree

Last edited:
i ordered the 3100+/ecs combo from fry's to play with. some people say they have gotten paris cores and some have gotten palmero cores. will there be any difference in performance between the two?

The "palermo" (based on either Winchester or Venice) will OC better. the Venice version will also have SSE3 instruction set. MHz for MHz they should be pretty close though.

Back