• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tee hee i now have 3M credits, i sold a piece of loot for 2.5 and gained the other 0.5 by trading ammo and weapons :D

Man this game's skill system is complicated..i love it.

Sjaak said:
Tee hee i now have 3M credits, i sold a piece of loot for 2.5 and gained the other 0.5 by trading ammo and weapons :D

Man this game's skill system is complicated..i love it.

You think the skill system can be complicated. Try playing the market across several systems then get back to me ;) If you learn the market and how things sell you can make millions each day by buying crap no one wants then recycling or selling it out on the market for more.

I don't know if its still around but harvesters where a big success to my money making scheme. People would sell them for 3-6mil in outer systems but in the main trading systems people would pay 10-12mil for them. I'd buy them by the hauler load. Huge money maker definatly something to look at if the market is still there.

infinitevalence said:
Im in :)

@ Banyan

I dont think it takes that long to not suck, it just depends on what you want to do. I want to be a friget pilot, im looking to build a PvP ship, and i know i dont want a huge one, so for me its a quick road to use my ship just a long one to get it all equiped so i dont get my *** kicked in every PvP fight.

/elmer fud voice/ shhh be vawer vawer quiet im hunty pirates

getting the ship you want isn't hard to do... but being able to use it correctly how you want to use it is a different story. before i quit playing i had an apoc while my character was lacking in appropriate combat skills (i could barely get by in cruiser pvp if lucky) so it was unfortunately used as only a miner and some minor rat hunting. that's the thing new players need to know... is not to race like mad to get that big badass ship but take your time training up to it.

Madmike2 said:
that game is still around ? We were playing that thing 2 years ago in the beta then never heard a peep about it again when it went live and bombed. I guess it has been ressusitated :shrug:

Ummmmmm, no it's been around since Beta and Launch. I am a Beta Veteran and just in the past 6 months stopped really playing. It's like on top 3 to 5 rating in most popular online games around.

I still have fond memories of playing and joining a Corp. for a long term stay. Fleet battles, solo missions (I love blowing stuff up). Only thing I have to say is it's not really long term for those who do not like PVP. I mean you can get stopped, beat up and killed by any player who's better than you and it's usually a group of guys beating you up and killing you. This can be a turn off cause you work hard to train skills and make money (try 130 MILLION +). If your not prepared you can loose your skills and Millions of cash worht of weapons and Modd's.

All in all it's the best online game I have ever played, looks better than the others all but EQ2. EQ2 is so different it's hard to compare them though, and it does not really have much PVP.

My 10c :)

I have been playing this game for 1 year and 3 months and stopped about a year ago. It really is one of the best games I have ever played and certainly the best MMO out there. The only downer is that you can't be successful when you are not in a corporation (and I never was). As soon as you enter 0.0 space you get instantly ganked and shot to death (in most cases) by a large group of gate campers, you loose your battleship and implants that you got and you can get back to doing agent missions for 1 week or so.

My tips for people that just started playing the game and are going the fighter way: Train for flying an interceptor, as it takes you over a year to master MOST of the skills necessary for piloting a battleship. Run agent missions at first and don't bother with mining. Join a corporation as fast as possible and never go to 0.0 space without protection from your corp mates.

aww man had some fun last night, ganged up with a bunch of noobs (average 5-10days of play) and took at a player pirate with a 2.1mk bounty on him. It was ausome 12 level 1 friggets hunting down a guy with a -9.9 securuty status :)

I am now in love with this game... A guy in my corp needed some help on a Level 4 mission, i got totaly raped but damn what a good time, got paid 1.4mil for it too

more than enough to replace my lost ship

infinitevalence said:
aww man had some fun last night, ganged up with a bunch of noobs (average 5-10days of play) and took at a player pirate with a 2.1mk bounty on him. It was ausome 12 level 1 friggets hunting down a guy with a -9.9 securuty status :)
Quite a rush, eh? Even the newbest of newbs can be useful... if you have the numbers.

Try and get hooked up with a PVP corp, they'll teach you some invaluable lessions about tackling, EW, and the strength of numbers. :)

kd7aze said:
Quite a rush, eh? Even the newbest of newbs can be useful... if you have the numbers.

Try and get hooked up with a PVP corp, they'll teach you some invaluable lessions about tackling, EW, and the strength of numbers. :)

You don't even have to do that. Get on the test server and you can really learn things, expecially since stuff doesn't cost you a dime over there. As long as you get into the setup corp there, all the stuff in hangers and all are free :)

Veni, Vidi, Varpi - i came, i saw and i warped the hell outta there...

:D:D:D

I've got nearly 5M cash now..just a few more skills to learn and i can get a missile cruiser. Pirate hunting = cool :p

Sjaak said:
Veni, Vidi, Varpi - i came, i saw and i warped the hell outta there...

LOL I love that saying, used a similar one for my HS Senior Quote.

ShadowPho said:
That sounds Great!
And I am really bored out of Guild Wars, WoW, RS, and NFSMW.

Can anyone loan me like 10k so I wont start from 0 :D ?

Starting is pretty easy with some of the first missions you can get 50k in an hour. Add me on MSN / AIM tho, and i'll be glad to give you a hand.

Damn, nearing 6 Million (5.7 to be precise) and i still have a huge load of minerals in stock and like half a million worth of items up for sale. I love it.

Well, I will certainly try the 14-day free trial, and if I like it I will play it. It looks better than WoW :santa: ...
So I will probably sigh up for it this week or maybe next one, since I got so much stuff going on like Chess State, Math team finals regionals and Calculator team regionals :bang head
And if you dont believe me check out my desktop and the amount of time I will need to clean it up :bang head :bang head :bang head
I edited the screeny to be 200x200 , but you should see the amount of icons :)

Attachments

• DeskGah.JPG
    DeskGah.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 979
WOW has some really cheap graphics I have to say. But I have to give em credit for doing a great Job in replicating the game. EVE uses allot of 2d texturemap cheat's but is still best looking so far in space sym. EQ2 best in all the rest I think. If you like WOW you will really like EQ2 I thihnk.

HOLY *%^(!!! how do you do that!?!?!?!? I have like 5 icons on my DT. Thats way crazy man.

Back