• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
infinitevalence said:
i take it you like to mine :) im more of a hunter than miner.

Actually i don't mine at all, my ship doesn't even allow for it with current config (merlin with dual rockets and dual 150mm rail w/antimatter).

I just buy cheap stuff, reprocess them then sell the ore and minerals for insane profits :)

Last edited:
Sjaak said:
Actually i don't mine at all, my ship doesn't even allow for it with current config (merlin with dual rockets and dual 150mm rail w/antimatter).

I just buy cheap stuff, reprocess them then sell the ore and minerals for insane profits :)

Thata boy

deathman20 said:
Thata boy

Hey, my favorite game ever is 1602 AD. That one was only about trading, barely any fighting involved. So at least you know where i got it from ;)

I bought a load of guristas tags yesterday for about 1.0 coin a piece...if you reprocess them they gain 5 units of nocxium worth a thousand times that. You always need to trust on the people that don't know the value of something :D

Last edited:
that's the coolest part of the game... the player economy. nothing else can touch it. so many different ways to make money.

Thinking of giving it a try, only thing holding me back is the fact I love space based games... If I do like it any chance of getting out of my room besides to go to work would be destroyed...

I have been playing about 3-4 weeks now... realy like it.

refreshing how different it is from wow and eq2... my corp is a bunch of n00bs like me... however, as we are funded by IGE... every time i loose a ship, i normaly double my networth.

I have a hualer, and a destro - normaly do kill missions or mine... But latley ive just been training all the skills i have so that i can make better use of my stuff.

and maybe when im not a newb anymore i can step out of the forge region and move out into the more fun areas.

fight556 said:
Thinking of giving it a try, only thing holding me back is the fact I love space based games... If I do like it any chance of getting out of my room besides to go to work would be destroyed...

Hey sounds like me when I started this game. Never really went out with friends if I wasn't at work surfing about the game I was playing it. Every single time I played it thats all I did.

THe plus side is a saved a bundle not doing other things or buying stuff.

Had 7M just an hour ago...bought myself a destroyer (1M)...fitted it with four 150mm scout accelerators (150k each) fitted with antimatter ammo (for tearing through everything) and a small missile launcher (15k) with sabretooth missiles (for tearing through shields).

Sold off the merlin and the items that i had no use for anymore, still got 5.7M left, on to some new skills & kills :D

I actually do a lot of hauling, so I'm working on a 38 day skill so I can get into the tech 2 industrial ships.

And before you condemn hauling and trading as boring... try traveling through lowsec with 10m ISK worth of goods in your hold...

kd7aze said:
I actually do a lot of hauling, so I'm working on a 38 day skill so I can get into the tech 2 industrial ships.

And before you condemn hauling and trading as boring... try traveling through lowsec with 10m ISK worth of goods in your hold...

Trading is definatly not boring. You got pirates, gankers, wanabee pirates, corp wars, alliance wars. 10million isk isn't much compared to what some people can loose.

For instance take a Tech II Gallente Indy (top end model forgot its name) load it with 27% expanders (expensive) put inside that giant cargo containers loaded with high end mods, high end minerals and you'll be easily into the hundreds of millions. I've traveled in speed/defesnive decked out indies through gate camps with loads full of mega and zydrine. Talk about a rush now thats one :) A key thing sometimes is a cloaking device it can save your life like you wouldn't belive.

Carrying all your stuff in an indy for a base relocation (before the big transports came) was a huge task, and well extremely risky expecially in 0.0 because of the multiple trips. But running into a blockade and jumping to a gate with 15-30 people there with a load well over 2billion isk it felt like my heart was in my mouth. But of course after your through you give them the little finger and say sorry but you lost the biggest load of the day ;)

Sleepy_Steve said:
I have been playing about 3-4 weeks now... realy like it.

refreshing how different it is from wow and eq2... my corp is a bunch of n00bs like me... however, as we are funded by IGE... every time i loose a ship, i normaly double my networth.

I have a hualer, and a destro - normaly do kill missions or mine... But latley ive just been training all the skills i have so that i can make better use of my stuff.

and maybe when im not a newb anymore i can step out of the forge region and move out into the more fun areas.

And I may get off my lazy *** and pay for it. :p

Status after one week of play:

Cash: ~10M
Ship: Caldari Destroyer fully equipped with 150mm turrets.
Skill points: somewhere near 130k

every time you change skills any skill points you have earned are added to your most recent clone so long as it can handel that many, right now my clone can take up to 480k, so im good for a little while longer.

infinitevalence said:
well actualy i wanted to do the reverse, and hunt pirates

You should team up with some known pirate hunters. There out there, or even become a bounty hunter and just take out scum that bug other people which is 90% of the time pirates and 10% of the time scammers.

yeah, i had an issue with a guy 4rch4ngel who kept on harrasing miners in the forge... if i had money a bounty would be placed on him.

Back