• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Malpine Walis said:
Is there a certain server that you guys are playing on or is it all one system?
it's all on one server

this game is really fun especially if you join a good corporation... I joined this corporation and I got attacked by the computer pirates (didn't know that at the time) while mining and 5 guys warped to my position and took them out in a matter of seconds. It was sweet.

ShadowPho said:
gah, I cant get the 14-day trial to be sent to my email.
[email protected]
I tried like 20 times and still cant get it :(

Where are you trying to register? At the eve site itself or somewhere else?

My pc broke down pretty badly and i cant really play it on my laptop so ill be stuck learning skills untill i can fix my pc.

Actually, I found the email to be confusing myself. The way that the link is formatted was not very clear. What you have to do is click on the link to open a new browser and connect to the server. However, the link does not verify anything. After that you are going to be prompted for your CD key.

This is why you need the new browser for this to work. Go back to the old browser and the text of the link is your "CD key". Or at least that is what I suspect the case to be. Right now, I can't get a connection to the secure server again so I can't try that to see what comes of it.

Also, last night, I could not get the DL to work right for some reason. I did the DL twice and tried to install the prog three times but it always stopped at the same file. But I should be good to go now as I brought a blank CD to work and did a DL and burn there. Now it installed off the CD at work just fine so unless my current luck holds out, I should be online sometime tommorow.

I am leaning towards either a Brutor or Amarrian for my first character but I want to see the actual screens first.

Prolly gonna go ahead and bite the bullet so to speak tonight when I wake up... Not that big of a pvp fan...mostly cause I'm really out of practice playing against anything but ai. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too bad...

I am leaning towards either a Brutor or Amarrian for my first character but I want to see the actual screens first.

A decent place to go and see screenies of the various ships can be found here:

http://www.zond3.net/

Follow the "Gallery" link.

Another decent place for checking out character creation is:

http://www.eve-offline.net/

With their character creator tool (wish I had known about this before creating my main).

And for the real anal types out there (Like me!)

http://essdb.milair.net/essdb.php

Can compare ships by virtually every statistic (except bonuses).

*BUMP*
Yay for their Tech support!
I love their tech support!
*yay for new smilies* :beer:
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question at
*linky removed*

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Trial

Discussion Thread
Response ([GM]Aeryn) - 02/20/2006 10:15 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in EVE Online. Here below is a 14 day trial key that you can use to create an account. If you like the game and you want to extend the account to keep on playing, this can be done at our website (https://secure.eve-online.com/login.asp).

14 day trial key: *CDkey removed*

We hope you will have a joyful playing experience and if you run into any problems, don’t hesitate to contact us again, we will do all we can to assist you.

Best regards,
The EVE Online Customer Support Team

Auto-response - 02/19/2006 11:40 PM
Hi

Due to the extreme load we are experiencing at Customer Support, we have not been able to answer your request.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and we want to thank you for your patience.

We can assure you that your request is waiting in line and will be processed as soon as possible.

If some of the information below might have been missing in your request, we recommend that you send us all information, which you think might help us solve the issue to speed up the process.

Below are some examples of what this might be:

1. Hardware problems: Detailed info on your computer specs. (Preferably use the DirectX diagnostics tool to acquire this information)
2. Game play problems: username. (if you are not sure whether this is relevant, please include it anyway)
3. Reimbursement requests: location (such as station or system names) and as exact time details as possible.

Please note that filing multiple requests on the same issue will only slow down our service.

Thank you again for your patience!

EVE ONLINE Customer Support Team

Customer (w00t Gah) - 02/18/2006 11:26 PM
Dear Eve,
I heard good stuff about Eve online, and I wanted to try the 14-day free
trial to see whats the game is about. However, I was unable to get the trail
key for any of my email adresses. Can you please provide me with a trial to
asses the game?
Shadow

Auto-response - 02/18/2006 11:26 PM
Hi

Your support incident has been registered with the reference number 060218-000401. Please go to your personal support section on
*linky removed* where you can follow your case.

Please use the following user Id and password when logging into the support site to read replies or update your incident:
User: [email protected]
Password:

Thank you for contacting us.
EVE ONLINE Customer Support Team

Question Reference No060218-000401
Escalation Level: 23 hours since update
Category Level 1: Billing & Account
Category Level 2: Trial Accounts
Date Created: 02/18/2006 11:26 PM
Last Updated: 02/20/2006 10:15 AM
Eve User Name:
EVE Character Name:

Ya most of the GM's are really great. Some help when they arn't even suppose to like stuck in a system you have to wait for reboot of servers. But instead they will move you to a new region and wahla back in the game.

Its even better when your ingame and they show up in the polaris ship or my personal fav, the Minmatar Titan with TomB at the helm. Anyone gets close to him he warps you to the sun instantly or blows you up and gives you the gear back lol.

The staff is very good at getting back to you and usually very quickly.

Y'know what would be nice? If the game would install on my system.

I have downloaded it three times now and I just can't get it working. Every time that I install it, I get to the same file resDungeon.stuff that just will not copy properly.

Does that cancel the install processes then? I know you can pick up the actual files from there website also, under the patch link theres a spot unless they moved it.

Muahaha i just bought a badger (big cargo) and i found out that with one cargo expander, a shuttle will fit exactly in my destroyer :D:D

You might have just gotten a corrupted d/l. You could also try re-downloading the installer.

I have installed on a number of different computers (6+), with no problems yet.

Back