• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eve Online [OCForums Corporation in here]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

CSM voting is live, everybody please vote for me (Sokratesz) !! :D

link to voting: http://www.eveonline.com/council/voting/candidatesview.asp

**Our corp is looking for experienced USTZ pvp'ers, contact me here or in-game (sokratesz)**

After playing Knight Online a few weeks (free mmorpg) i'm now messing with the demo of Eve online, and man, this is one large, complicated game :drool: I might even consider paying for it when the trial runs out.

Any players out here with more experience / some tips? :p

Announcement!

After the success of this thread, and the recruitment potential that this thread is giving to eve-online, I, DanFraser, have opened an unofficial corporation relating to the OCForums. I shall personally maintain the high standards that these forums have become known for, in the actual game itself. The aim of the corp is to bring players together, to work together to well, basically, become rich!

Manufacturing, mining operations, missions, and even a little rat hunting when it is felt that the players in the corp have reached a suitable level of skill and experience. For those new to this thread or the game, the main site is http://www.eve-online.com If you have any questions regarding the game itself or the OCF corporation, post here and we'll do our best! The game has a huge background and alot of good stories to read, we highly suggest you visit the website and especially check out the forums and playerbase.

When you decide to start up, post in here first, we'll help you choose your character and attributes, help you through the tutorials etc. If new players sign up or current players are interested in joining the [OCF] corporation, I suggest posting in here until I can get some offices permanently set up that are easily accessible to people. You can always find us in-game, in the ocforums chat channel. (on your left-hand side, you will see 'channels and mailing lists', click it, and click join/new, and type in 'ocforums')

Hope to see you soon!

- Danfraser & the OCF Eve Online community

Important post to read for people new to the game or those about to start playing.

Great video to watch for those new to EVE

Last edited:
I love EVE-Online :) been hooked for a little while now. I hate MMORPG's but i like EVE. So far i have been playing for like 2 weeks and im up to 5.5mill and 300k skill points :)

look me up if you want to do some missions

Ryas Nia, im chilling over in Heimatar, Rens VI - Brutor tribe tresure.

infinitevalence said:
Ryas Nia, im chilling over in Heimatar, Rens VI - Brutor tribe tresure.

i'll see where i am now...right..that's 10 jumps away

I started playing yesterday evening. Got me a nice Bantam mining frigate, now at 350k cash / 15k experience points. I also have a 'light ion blaster' on my ship which is like 10x as powerful as the gun you get at the start. I'm kinda lost in the skill system though, certain upgrades need skills that i can't find anywhere.

that game is still around ? We were playing that thing 2 years ago in the beta then never heard a peep about it again when it went live and bombed. I guess it has been ressusitated :shrug:

Not dead. Just putzing along in their own corner of the net. 14k online on average, I've found, at least according to the login prompt.

Skills can be a bit confusing, the best way to approach them is to find somthing you really want to use, such as a battleship, and look at what skills are required to use said item (one of the tabs in the "get info" box).

Also, keep your learning skills high, at least 4's across the board, 5's once you've advanced to a mill or more skill points.

The best skill advancement I've seen, now then granted you won't advance quickly and it will cost you a bit, is to train in every skill to at least one point. Then, focus on what you want to do the most, look through the skills, and advance those to at least 4.

It's a fun game, just remember this bit of advise:Keep your clone upgraded, and keep your ship insured. =)

I played it about 2 months ago, but i burned out fast. That may have been to do with being in a mining-centric corp. But within 3 weeks i had 20mil+ and was driving a battlecruiser. I couldnt see myself playing this long term, MMORPGs just take too much time :/

Madmike2 said:
that game is still around ? We were playing that thing 2 years ago in the beta then never heard a peep about it again when it went live and bombed. I guess it has been ressusitated :shrug:

It definatly didn't bomb. I quit this past summer and I started mid beta (beta 2 way back in 2002). The games had a steady growth let alone I mean from just when I left this past summer most players online was around 12k at any one time, now its up to 22k. Theres over 100,000 subscribers now. Its grown and its definatly catching on now.

I loved this game, even when I left I couldn't leave the fourms, reading and stuff. Posting on other sites, helping others along. Heck I still do it and I havn't been playing for 8 months lol. Its a game where you do need a bit of time on your hands to learn it but also to get the funds to have the cool toys :)

I had a 29.8Mil SP fighter/industrialist (mainly fighter) and I made billions in just a few months from a whopping 300mil to 10billion. Ah and just the other day a few old corp mates messaged me just to see how I was doing. I do miss the good old days, but one things for sure if I was playing I was glued on that game, at home and also at work.

Edit: If they ever came out with a second version of EVE I'd jump on it. I just can't see myself starting from scratch again after having all that and getting anything I wanted in a blink of an eye.

Downloading demo now, very excited.

EDIT: Soooo I was playing it and there is a lot of listening and reading...and its only in the ship...not my cup of tea. I like on foot/space, not just space. Any recomendations for a demo I could try like this but with a mix? PM me if you dont want me to threadjack.

Last edited:
Yeah. No traveling outside your ship in this game. You and your ship are one -- it's kinda a zen thing. ;)

It's a bit of a bummer, but once you get beyond that stigma, the game is unimaginably deep. If mining isn't your thing... become a bounty hunter, or a pirate. Plenty of targets for both.

the game never bombed and is getting new players all the while. it's now ranked #1 at mmorpg.com which is cool because is it's different from all the typical rpg stuff.

If more people like this we can start an OCG corporation :D

And yeah, the beginning is tough. The whole tutorial took me nearly two hours i think but it's worth it.

I've been playing since late october iirc, spent the first 2 months training learning skills & some combat skills, then started training my ship & support skills. Right now I'm sitting in an almost fully tech2 outfitted Ferox, with raven not far off.

Eve is all about the corp your in. I'm still in carebear stage, doing stuff in empire & making money. Sometimes I solo level3's, but mostly some of us from our corp go out running level 4 combat missions and complexes.

In a game like wow in 6 months you can experience about all the content minus some top end raid content maybe. In 6 months in Eve you're just barely not a noob anymore & barely scratching the surface. Once you learn the game, if you want you can join an alliance and fight in massive wars over allegiance and territory.
I got to see some of the fighting in AZN (i was in ascn, still am sort of), it was pretty insane even though it was a lagfest. 300+ people fighting in azn, ascn brought out multiple dreadnaughts for some pos sieges. Sort of ended in a draw but it was incredible to watch these massive fleets clash. All of this is 100% player created for those who don't play, eve just provides the framework & tools.

Yeah it's cool to know that the weapon upgrade you just bought has been manufactured in some other players factory using ore that was mined by a 3rd party at the other end of the universe.

btw, is there a restaurant somewhere at the end of the EVE universe? That'd be the best easter egg EVER

i would definitely play with you guys but really don't have the time to put into it or the effort for that matter. i think when i left i had 2.6-2.8 mil skill points and i still sucked because that isn't really much at all. great game for those out there that are sick and tired of the elves and dragons sort of thing... just need to remember it will take time to really start to get somewhere.

Sjaak said:
If more people like this we can start an OCG corporation :D

And yeah, the beginning is tough. The whole tutorial took me nearly two hours i think but it's worth it.

Im in :)

@ Banyan

I dont think it takes that long to not suck, it just depends on what you want to do. I want to be a friget pilot, im looking to build a PvP ship, and i know i dont want a huge one, so for me its a quick road to use my ship just a long one to get it all equiped so i dont get my *** kicked in every PvP fight.

/elmer fud voice/ shhh be vawer vawer quiet im hunty pirates

Back