• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE-6 II Voltage question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BTTHR

Registered
I've got a ABIT BE6II Mobo and everythings been great !! ......but something has always bugged me...maybe someone can answer this question??

In the bios your allowed to change the voltage for the 3.3 voltage setting (from what I know this is for the memory and AGP card among other things) and the default says that its at 3.5 voltage???

Is this right?? I've played around in this bios quite alot and this one thing always stays consistantly as default voltage...I've allowed my cely 600 to run at the stock 600 and it says its default and even when I put to user defined it stays a t this setting ( running my cely 600 @ 1062mhz nice and stable).

The only problem I've ever possibly had with it is that when overclocking my first GeForce 256 (sdr) after a while it basicly fried and stopped working ( I really don't know if was the voltage setting or if I just got a bad card that couldn't stand any overclocking).
Now to the point of my long winded rant.

Yesterday after I fired up my baby it had the same symptoms as just before the last card went out...strange characters on the screen (even on the boot up sequence screen) and strange stuff like that

After I powered down and then gave it a minute before I turned it on again it was suddenly fine...
Is my board killing my video cards with high voltage???

P.S. sorry about the long winded post

Back