• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying for 4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atomicfire

Registered
Current Rig:
478 2.8E\Zalman CNPS9500
Abit IC7-MAX3
4x512 Corsair XMS Pro PC-4000

I'm trying to get to 4GHz, but I don't think it will happen with my current CPU. I'm guessing its an early Prescott because I got it when it they were first released.

With my current setup i'm limited with my memory, which doesn't doing a stinking mhz above 212 without erroring out test #7 in Memtest. With a divider though I can reach 3.6GHz on stock 1.38v, 3.8GHz at 1.52v stable. 3.9+ is a no-go at all. Will POST at 3.9, no POST at 4.0

I was thinking of getting a 3.4 SL7E6 on eBay (can't find it anywhere else, not 100 posts yet :( ) and seeing how far I can push that. At one point I was considering a EE chip, then I quickly decided against that when I saw their going price. Ouch.

So I just thought i'd like some input\comments on how to get to 4GHz. I am working with Corsair right now on getting PC4000 ram that actually does 250MHz FSB.

yes sir, my motherboard has a problem with the memory voltage above 2.8v and I didn't do the mod to correct that yet. Memory is at 2.8v, which I consider the safest max for TCCD memory, I think.

Back when I had my old C0 stepping 2.8E and IC7, I got amost exactly what you are getting. Another CPU running at 4 gig is really not going to perform that much better. Save your cash and upgrade to socket 775.

Back