Thread: The blurr

The blurr

In ut and q2 my graphics/frame rates are very nice but one thing thats weird is in each game there is a destinct line on walls and floors where there is a cloudy look and as I move it moves with me.Very noticable when running along a wall and is what would look like about 15 feet in front of me.Textures past this line are still clear just with somewhat blurred look.Tried 5.33/11.01and 12.40 dets and is the same with each -- any ideas?

see sig for rig

How about the new Det 22.50s?

They seem to be awsome and gave me 300+ points in 3D mark 2001.

I dont think its driver related im pretty sure its a setting that I havent figured out yet.I have read all the tweak pages but havent come up with anything yet.

Oni-ni-Kanabō
    Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
    10 Year Badge
    are you overclocking? reduce your card back to stock and see if that helps.
    Mama, put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 930 @ Stock
    12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
    XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
    Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Re: The blurr

Originally posted by Chief
    In ut and q2 my graphics/frame rates are very nice but one thing thats weird is in each game there is a destinct line on walls and floors where there is a cloudy look and as I move it moves with me.Very noticable when running along a wall and is what would look like about 15 feet in front of me.Textures past this line are still clear just with somewhat blurred look.Tried 5.33/11.01and 12.40 dets and is the same with each -- any ideas?

see sig for rig
    That sounds to me like the engine. I know Q3A blurs textures further away to save memory. The texture will become clear when you get closer.

The other thing about the lines moving with you when lookin at a wall real close-up. Every card I have ever had does the same thing in UT and Q2 and Q3. Newer engines like Red Factions engine doesn't do it, I geuss it's the newer technology.

The only thing I can suggest is tweaking with your refresh rate, try making it optimal.

Good luck!

Zuck I think your onto it, my old voodoo3 did the samething.Im not overclocking vid card just the cpu and what Im seeing would not be caused by that any how.It seems to be just what zuck said at a certain point the textures blurr some, instead of blending smoothly its more of a line.

Thanks for the input and if someone knows of a setting to lesson this please post