• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
OK, I've got all the parts I need to put yet another SETI cruncher together except the case...and motherboard, sort of.

I have an old Tyan Tsunami motherboard I was going to use but it has about had the lick. Not really worth putting in a case anymore. Filling more than 2 PCI slots causes POST problems, won't run at 100MHz (so no overclock for the 600 CellyII I want to use) and just pretty much is near death.

What I don't want is to spend much cash. This PC won't be doing anything but turning out WUs and will have, for the most part, old parts in it...especially the hard drive.

Anyone know of an extemely cheap Socket 370 or even a Slot 1 (I have a couple slockets) that has SOME overclocking options? Onboard sound, video, LAN, etc. is not important. Just cheap with a few overclocking options...preferrably a few voltage settings and at least be able to get from 66/100/133. I'd like to keep it around $50US (quite a challenge eh?).

Also keep in mind I'm not thinking of future upgradability for this thing. Just need it to have enough settings to help a CellyII 600 cB0 hit 900 (it can do it).

Thanks for all replies.

Nevermind...I just found a refurbished Abit VH6II at Newegg for $49+tax. Shipping was free so looks to be just what I needed.

William said:
www.webuildpcs.com has some good cases for excellent prices. They are much better than anything else for the prices.

Thanks, looks like their website is down though. Already have a cheap case on order. Generic mid-tower with 250W. It will work plenty good enough for what's going in it. Got it for $18.95 +$7 for shipping...not bad.

Just got to wait til mid-next week for it all to come in now.

dont buy from webuildpcs.com!! they sent me a bad chip and when u want to talk to them noone picks up the phone!! and i cant return then damn cpu!! so i sent them a letter. they sent me two cases by mistake so i gave one to my brother (thats actually a good thing but it shows that they arent careful)

)

really, I called them about a website problem I was having involving their credit card stuff and got an answer very quickly. The guy was super nice and he fixed the problem on his end in less than an hour. My order came well packaged and all. You are the first bad review I have heard of them.

Back