• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netdimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sno.lcn said:
Wow I never knew this thread was here. Cool!
This thread was actually in O/Community, that or General Discussion, I don't remember. Anyway, the new sub-forum was made and it got placed here.

Join us in DIMES!

Just added a second rig to my DIMES effort, w00t! Let's see the points RISE!

woohoo man!

I got 3 rigs going.... and as soon as Warg and I get borgix going... (we have the permission from the owners of DIMES).... we have DIMES included in it!

I've had 3 rigs running but DIMES just stopped on one of them and it won't run anymore. Now my points are slipping. Any suggestions?

hmm... turn off the machine, and reboot?

If that doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall DIMES?

that's all I can think of right now without knowing more.

yeah... but what we gonna do? Only thing I could think of would be a front-page article....but I dont' know how to write up a good one for netDIMES....

just setup my main rig... I might add the rest of my folding arsenal to it which is another 5ghz almost to the 3ghz going right now

demon-eater said:
just setup my main rig... I might add the rest of my folding arsenal to it which is another 5ghz almost to the 3ghz going right now

DIMES doesn't use any processor power (prolly <1%), it just uses memory and network bandwidth....it only uses CPU when the graph is open...

I'm not sure if you were thinking it did, but thought I'd clarify just in case.

Diming now. I joined up when I heard it doesn't use much CPU... I don't fold cause my chip will sit at 62C, no thanks. With a TON of stuff open, (AV, steam, firefox, etc.), my cpu is between 0-2%. Not a bad gig.

I'm on college internet, (dual DS3's sounds right...) you think your rig will do more work the more bandwidth you have? I'll borg my GF's comp since it doesn't use the CPU.

Back