• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netdimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know how some teams have hyper-inflated thier stats.

They use VMWare (the version that just became free for everyone).... and a Linux Distro, and then run DIMES in each VMPlayer.... If you have enough RAM, you can get upwards of 24 VMPlayers at once.... (which one guy has done supposedly).

TollhouseFrank said:
I know how some teams have hyper-inflated thier stats.

They use VMWare (the version that just became free for everyone).... and a Linux Distro, and then run DIMES in each VMPlayer.... If you have enough RAM, you can get upwards of 24 VMPlayers at once.... (which one guy has done supposedly).

Is that a legit way to do it or would that be like cheating?

teh joined.
:)
ok, I just installed, joined the team...is there anything else I need to do to config? or does it just run automatically?
maybe there could be a post made under the "other DC projects" and made sticky "DIMEing for teh n00bs"...and we could do that for other DC's also

If nothing else, minimize the time between measurements.

Agent --> Properties --> Network button

I maxed out the file transfer rate too... college 'net is blazing fast.

ok guys... what's up with the scores?

1. TollhouseFrank 327,334 11
2. sno.lcn 155,959 6
3. Rpkole 139,824 3,044
4. ghettocomp 104,235 2
5. Hammer1 51,891 4
6. demon-eater 36,838 0
7. new_Faction64 27,659 0
8. jheizer 19,880 4
9. mdameron 18,688 0

how come some people rack up the measurment points but not the "AS nodes and links"?

mdameron said:
ok guys... what's up with the scores?

1. TollhouseFrank 327,334 11
2. sno.lcn 155,959 6
3. Rpkole 139,824 3,044
4. ghettocomp 104,235 2
5. Hammer1 51,891 4
6. demon-eater 36,838 0
7. new_Faction64 27,659 0
8. jheizer 19,880 4
9. mdameron 18,688 0

how come some people rack up the measurment points but not the "AS nodes and links"?

If I read right, AS nodes and links mean ISP servers, or something like that.

I'm guessing the amount earned depends on if the servers give you the IPs or not.

im not sure on mine it jsut happend one day i got liek 2000 aslinks but that could be becasue i am about the only computer guy in East Texas that has put Dimes on his computer

Rpkole said:
im not sure on mine it jsut happend one day i got liek 2000 aslinks but that could be becasue i am about the only computer guy in East Texas that has put Dimes on his computer

yeah I'm sure there's an explanation, could have been some kwirk on their server, some big assignment they gave you...w/e, I think normal measurements matter more, cause if you look at the Top Teams for the normal measurements and AS measurements, there's big differences in standings, but then again, that could mean something.

Back