• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SeanOMatic: 4GB of DDR2-5400 Value Pro on P5WD2-E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JCLW

Or anyone else...

I'm helping a friend build up an audio workstation and he wants 4GB of ram.

He wants to run intel dual core, and because of his PCI sound processing cards the only two boards that will physically work are the Asus P5WD2-E, plus the new -WS board. Since both use the same chipset (i975X), and the -E is cheaper, that's the way I think we'll go.

We are looking at two 2GB (2x 1GB) OCZ DDR2-5400 Value Pro kits, mainly because they are #1 competitively priced, and #2 available locally. http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_5400_value_pro_series

I've heard some rumors of problems running four large OCZ sticks on intel motherboards (ie: MCH only running in single channel mode), any comments on this? Personnal experiences (good or bad)? My thought is that this was a while ago, but I don't want to recommend that my friend buys 4GB of memory that won't work correctly for him.

SeanOMatic: Do you know if four of those 1024MB sticks have been tested and validated together on an Asus i975X board?

Thanks,
- J

Back