• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake RX K7 - Your Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thumdar

Registered
Check out the new heatsink by Thermaltake. Anyone own one? Any opinions? I'm considering this unit to cool an Athlon XP 2200+.

Click for link to Thermaltake RX K7

rx-k7.jpg

It looks ok but I don't think that it has good enough air flow. It looks exactly like the V12 only using a smaller fan, and that heatsink needs alot of cfm to cool good.

i've used the original Silent Boost cooler. It was decent, very quiet, but the si-97 should definitely outperform it however will cost much more.

old heatsink + new fan = totally new product?? :eh?:

they ripped off arctic cooling's fan design like they have copied many other manufacturers in the past :rolleyes:

Sneaky said:
old heatsink + new fan = totally new product?? :eh?:

they ripped off arctic cooling's fan design like they have copied many other manufacturers in the past :rolleyes:
First thing I noticed as well.
Actually they have few good sinks out right now and I don't understand why they are going back to this old design...

Glad I asked! I tend to think heatsinks that aren't all copper aren't worth my time. Guess I'm mistaken. I googled "Thermalright SI 97A" review" and found this:

All Round Modders

It actually doesn't look to bad. Reminds me of a Volcano 11 (That performed quite well btw). It has copper, a shroud and probaly a quiet fan, better than stock cooling most liekly. If your going for A64 cooling, the stock x2 or opteron dc will be a good cost effective choice.

After reading the review Tyreal posted, my interest in this unit has sunk to a sad 0.00%. It does seem odd that a company like Thermaltake would push such a bland technology. Who knows, maybe this was designed to be sold at CompUSA or BestBuy :p

its a really simple heatsink. Put on a quiet fan and it will be able to hand most stock cpus. By looking at your sig, i wouldn't recommend it. Try the SI-97A. That way, when you upgrade to A64, you can still use it.

If you would like more help try the forums in that site that i posted.

Back