• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Turns On By Itself

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Whenever I turn off my PC using Windows or by application it will shutdown and stay off for about 30seconds to 1 minute and then it will turn back on by itself and boot to Windows or w/e again. I find this to be very strange. It does not happen everytime, just once in a while. I have tried two different PSU's and two different cases as well, in case it was shorting out somehow. But it still didnt have any affect on it whatsoever.

The specs of this machine are.
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (Non SLI)
Fortron 500W BlueStorm
Nvidia 6200 TurboCache 64MB
A64 3000+ Winchester @ Stock
Hitachi Deskstar 80G ATA133
Some Aspire Case :shrug:

Note I have tried more than one PSU and case so I am starting to think its the motherboard that is the problem. Any ideas ?????

Thanks

Could be a wake on signal from one of the devices. Some motherboards have a "Wake on USB" "Wake on keyboard/mouse" or similar option. I had this problem the a KT600 MB. Something kept telling the damn thing to wake back up right away. After I disabled all of that it stayed off. :)

JT

JTanczos said:
Could be a wake on signal from one of the devices. Some motherboards have a "Wake on USB" "Wake on keyboard/mouse" or similar option. I had this problem the a KT600 MB. Something kept telling the damn thing to wake back up right away. After I disabled all of that it stayed off. :)

JT

I have a feeling you are 100% right. I remember seeing that option before. Check you BIOS I think its in there. Or that could be enable USB..Arg. I can't remember. But JT is definately right!

yeah that happend to me before dont stress it... it very odd it seems just to go away it happend on a DFI and on a ASUS that ive had.. changed all types of hardware.. psu ram etc, etc... and it happens...

the way i got rid of it was to call a priest and give my house a blessing cause ma tvs where doing the same :shrug:

SNieX

.(jkz about the priest and thing,, but yeah that has happend to me - the turning on thing)

JTanczos said:
JT

Yeah. Best guess might be the mouse. An optical mouse could move just the slightest bit from tension on the cord and that would be enough to get the comp to turn on again.

Ya that did the trick. I couldnt find anything in my BIOS saying wake from (x) so I just disabled USB mouse support and havent had a problem since. :)

Thanks

Back