• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to do a volt mod few questions first

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twoeyes

About to do a volt mod few questions first (RESULTS ADDED)

Ok so I have everything I need to do a volt mod, following this guide, but the POTs i have have 3 pins not 2 like shown there (my guess is they may be hidden?) so my question is how do i know which goes to where? on the back of the packaging I have one labled as a "wiper" then the other two dont really have labels. Also I'm assuming I can combine 2 10k OHMS resistors to form a 20k? Thank you all :cool:

ah and really dumb question but which way do I turn for more resistance? I'm assuming unscrew? Maybe this is wrong as I'm just guessing at how they work XD

Alright all done, happily i did not fry my card... So far i've only OCed the core I havent even touched the memory, i'm not sure its worth it at this point, not to excited with what i've got so far :(...

Stock: 425/1000
XFX Stock: 485/1100
Max OC stock volts: 500/1200
Volt Mod OC: 570/1200 @ 1.62 (like i said havent touched the VRAM)

temps max out at around 62-64C (thats ATITool)

Last edited:
in fact the resistors in that guide are the EXACT ones i have, but the spot where the third pin is is just a stub in it...

you use the middle pin and one of the side pins, each side gets affected the opposite way by turning the knob. they'll be set right in the middle stock. so, break one off and measure the pot to figure out which way to turn. wire them in series for 20k (make sure they're each set to 10k first) and then play around with a dmm and screwdriver to figure it out.

OK right now i have it reading 0.00 volts is that what I want it to say when i wire it, or do I go by resistance? (which reads about 1.1 OHMS [i realize im probably not reading my multimeter right :bang head )

Back