• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about 570 with 14x multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proth

Bought a 570 months ago and found out it successfully runs a 14x multiplier. From what I read on other forums only special steppings e.g:E0 (engineering editions?) can run the 14x multi and this is kinda rare. Fully understand that EE versions are fully unlocked (12-60).

Is this common for 570/670 chips and does this make it more valueable.?

I'm thinking about selling this on Ebay and need to get an idea of a price to set.

All of the 570 will allow you to drop down to the 14X multiplier... if your motherboard supports it. Good luck selling it. I've had one for sell in the classified ads section for a month now. Seems like everyone wants a Cedar Mill or Presler.

I'm not sure whether that chip also has EIST or not, as if it does you can also play with multipliers and voltage in windows using software

proth, all the 560/570/660/670 have EIST (and LockFree for supported mobos/BIOS). LockFree is more of a bonus than anything else. I have a 550 with it ;)

E0 is just the stepping, it's not an Engineering Sample. EE = Extreme Edition and it's not that either ;) You have a run-of-the-mill, off-the-shelf 570 there my friend, but the good news is, it's a 570 and that's a top of the 500 line and still expensive retail proc. Good luck with the sale...

Ross said:
proth, all the 560/570/660/670 have EIST (and LockFree for supported mobos/BIOS). LockFree is more of a bonus than anything else. I have a 550 with it ;)

E0 is just the stepping, it's not an Engineering Sample. EE = Extreme Edition and it's not that either ;) You have a run-of-the-mill, off-the-shelf 570 there my friend, but the good news is, it's a 570 and that's a top of the 500 line and still expensive retail proc. Good luck with the sale...

Thanks.. Thought I had a special one for a minute, looking for funds to purchase a phase unit. maybe I'll rip off the IHS off it and see what's under the hood... LOL

Ross,
Reviews between Vapo LS and Mach II are sorta out of data. Last I've seen is Mach II was better under 200w but LS has the power for heavier loads. Any thoughts or comments...Off topic here so a 1 shot reply and let this thread die. TIA

proth said:
Thanks.. Thought I had a special one for a minute, looking for funds to purchase a phase unit. maybe I'll rip off the IHS off it and see what's under the hood... LOL

I'm going to assume you are kidding after your pressler Keychain.

Shelnutt2 said:
I'm going to assume you are kidding after your pressler Keychain.

YES.. Very much kidding. Such a stupid mistake for not being happy with a 4.95 GHZ clock out of a 3GHz chip

Yes, I am sure that was a joke ;)

Mach .vs LS. 6 of one/half dozen of the other really. The LS and Mach II GT are the comparison to make since they both use the same gas (R507) and similarly sized compressors. By the time you accessorize the Mach II with optional the LCD and stuff, it's the same price as the LS new. The only real difference is that the Mach II "can" be had cheaper without the bells/whistles and the LS is all or nothing. Their socket mounts are all but identical now too. I personally would probably go for an LS over a Mach II.

There's also option #3: a custom built unit. I can't say enough about Chilly's unit. It's cheaper than both by a good margin and has better capacity than both. In fact, you'd have to mod/regas a brand new GT II or an LS to be as good as Chilly's unit. Problem is, if you order and pay for a SS from Chilly tomorrow, it will probably be somewhere between 2 weeks-3 months before you get it ;) That guy has so much on his plate, sometimes it takes him forever to get things done.

There are others that make units to suit too, probably some on this forums, definitely on other forums. If I were you, I'd poke around the Extreme Cooling section a bit. Short of that, you can occasionally find a good used LS on Ebay in the $600-$700 range. I'd stay far away from any Mach I unless it's already modded and regassed. They can be found cheap, so don't let them tempt you unless you feel like modding it yourself (new evap line/head, new condenser, new comp, regas). By the time you're done with all that, you're easily up to a new custom unit price unless you get it for free to start :)

There is one other "potential" option. OCZ is making a phase unit. It's supposed to cheap ($300-$400), BUT it uses a very small compressor (1/6HP). The numbers I've seen from it are almost too good to be true, so I'll believe it when I see an off-the-shelf unit in an end-user's hands do the same thing. It won't be enough to set any WRs no matter what, but it should be damn good cooling for the price. In fact, at that price, you could almost have one each for a CF setup + the CPU for the same price as an LS, LOL.

Lastly, since you're the engineering type, I'd look into building your own. Look here too, but I think you'll end up at the Vapo/Phase section at XS. There's plenty of info and DIYers to give you info, calculations and how put it all together. Gassing it would probably be the biggest hurdle. You can get a license pretty easily to be able to buy the gas yourself, but if you did everything else, a local A/C shop could do it for you probably for less than the vacuum pump and gauge set would cost if you did that part yourself ;)

Thanks for taking the time to type that all in. The OCZ is out for me, why go half way when you do something. Keeping an eye on Ebay and have been sniffing around Xtreme and picked up a few tips already and also contacted Chilly but he hasn't responded.. Probably booked.

Between semesters, I worked at my brother's gas station and got a good handle on evacuation and reload of R22 on card...show's my age, eh?, pretty good at TIG welding/brazing also and have access to all the tools and refrigerant needed so I'll check up out building a home brew unit. thx again

No problem. Age, it's just a number, LOL. When they start playing Metallica on AM instead of FM, I'll know it's all over for me :D Of course, FM may be the new AM with XM now I and it could be all over already and I don't even know it, HAHA.

You'd be much better served making your own unit. Read, read, read. The hardware parts are pretty straight-forward and can be put together with easily available tools. Then you can contemplate gassing it yourself or bringing it to a shop.

Yeah, Chilly can take a day or 2 to respond, but he will...

planoser said:
how high do those 570's overclock?

My chip, sure there are pleanty of faster ones:
4.72 on water
4.54 on air.. good air though

rock solid. Really nice is 4.7GHz x 14 for 1348 fsb, not so stable for me though. 24/7 runs @ 4.5GHz x 14 for 1280 fsb @ 1.58v.

Back