• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About time! Low profile heatpipe NB cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
veryhumid said:
i'm sure it won't be able to handle that card. i'm sure you could mod it, though.

Well, we'll never know til I try to find out! If I can only find some in stock though. The stock cooling option on a 7800GS is pretty... pathetic... That NB cooler looks like it has a lot more surface area to work with.

Maviryk said:
Well, we'll never know til I try to find out! If I can only find some in stock though. The stock cooling option on a 7800GS is pretty... pathetic... That NB cooler looks like it has a lot more surface area to work with.

What do you mean? Are you gonna mount that on a 7800GS?

Mooyo said:
Wanna bet? I get temps at 47C and higher on my chipset before I even overclock it at all. Now I'm about 52/53 after overclocking and I haven't pushed it to it's max yet.

Not everyone's chipset fans are going to be the same. Mine blows and is loud enough to make me get off the computer after a half hour. Something like this heatsink is exactly right for me.

This is where reading to the end of the post is helpful:
me said:
...unless your NB temps are abnormally high or the heatsink is hot to the touch

Bogie said:
This cooler would work for sure on the dfi board? As i would like to get one.
Page 4 of the review, it's put on a DFI LANPARTY NF4.

Guys, this is a very good aftermarket NB heatsink. If the stock heatsink wasn't sufficient, I would definetly keep an eye out for this. I think they're really going for the LANPARTY crowd with the fins located away from the base, to keep it from interfering with the first PCIe slot.

otogrim said:
Actually there are a bunch of other coolers us DFI guys can use. I've got a evercool vc-re on mine and it pretty much outperforms the original chipset fan and way quieter too.

I have a evercool ordered for my expert. I had a modded zalman on my ultra d modded to sli. This thing looks cool but I really doubt it will cool that much better than either of these sub $15.00 (with the shipping) solutions to justify the extra cost.....

Kris said:
I have a evercool ordered for my expert. I had a modded zalman on my ultra d modded to sli. This thing looks cool but I really doubt it will cool that much better than either of these sub $15.00 (with the shipping) solutions to justify the extra cost.....

Keep us updated when you find out how this puppy does.

Back