• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much voltage is too much? - Patriot XBLK's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pookyman

Hey all, I have Patriot XBLK (2x512 mb) and I was wondering how much voltage is too much. I currently have it at 2.8 and was wondering if I could up the voltage to increase my OC without damaging the RAM.

Does anyone know how much I can bump it up to?

Thanks

Most people can go up to 3.0v with TCCD before they start getting errors in Memtest. If you have a spare fan laying around I would throw that on there to rule out any overheating.

Some RAM is able to handle more voltage than others, it's hard to tell. I usually look at the suggested RAM votage ratings and go a 0.2V to 0.3V over that. Mine is default at 2.5V so I only use 2.7V to 2.8V.

There are different version of the Patriot XBLK (2X512) so look at the suggested default RAm and add 0.3V to this. You should use this as your MAX.

pookyman said:
Hey all, I have Patriot XBLK (2x512 mb) and I was wondering how much voltage is too much. I currently have it at 2.8 and was wondering if I could up the voltage to increase my OC without damaging the RAM.

Does anyone know how much I can bump it up to?

Thanks
2.90 should be enough. right around 300mhz might need 2.95. but absolutely not over 3.v. there are cases that after constand usage and burn-in, might need up to 3.05v. but that would indicate near death.
if can keep it at around 2.95v w/ fan blowing on them, you should be able get the most out of them and not kill them. I have found those rams need to be in 2T from 260mhz and up. If using 2T, you might not need to increase voltage that much. 2.85v and 2T should get you to DDR600.

Allright thanks guys, was also wondering if the memtest in windows was as reliable as the memtest you use as a boot disk.

Back