• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem overclocking 6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LeAd_Poisoning said:
RivaTuner is designed primarily for ATi so your bound to get some inconsistencies when using nVidia cards.

I think that you are wrong here LeAd_Poisoning... RivaTuner is designed for nVidia cards primarily, but also supports ati cards.

In regards to the AGP fastwrites, I have read several places that turning off AGP fastwrites will indeed give you a more stable OC on the vid card, and may even lead to a higher max clock.

Cheers.

If your vga cooler plugs into the fan header on the vid card, I would think that you can control it with Riva... otherwise, I think that you are SOL.

Cheers.

jtracc - I'm partial to trusting what RivaTuner says about clock speeds. Find some other 3rd party software to verify what speed you're running.

Lead_Poisoning - Chevro1et is right, RivaTuner was designed for use with nVidia, and secondary support for ATI, hence all the channel unlocking capabilities with nVidia cards.

I personally was never able to get RivaTuner to control my fanspeed, I used some program by Gainward for awhile, but I got rid of it and just used my modified BIOS instead.

Cheers all.

Ok got the NV5 a while ago, put it on and found out it wouldn't fit because my northbridge heatsink was too tall. So, ordered an iceberq over spring break and when I got back I put it on and turned everything on.

So far everything looks good, idles around 44-45C, overclocked past ultra speeds stably and it doesn't seem to go over around 58C full load. In the next couple of days I'm going to see what my max OC is. I'm at least at 430/1140 without increasing the voltage.

Right On!!! Good work Gregory!!! You can use coolbits to 'detect optimal frequencies' and this will give you a good base to tweak your OC from. Really happy to see that you got your temps down and the OC stable.

Cheers.

Gregory_WE said:
Ok got the NV5 a while ago, put it on and found out it wouldn't fit because my northbridge heatsink was too tall. So, ordered an iceberq over spring break and when I got back I put it on and turned everything on.

So far everything looks good, idles around 44-45C, overclocked past ultra speeds stably and it doesn't seem to go over around 58C full load. In the next couple of days I'm going to see what my max OC is. I'm at least at 430/1140 without increasing the voltage.

good stuff, im running 440/1100 (mem gets sketchy in my hot room at 1150), idles 56 degrees, load is 63-65 - idles are 38 for the ambients, load is 43-45 - no artifacting, cud go higher but i have a relatively poor ventilated case

Back