Registered

Network shuts off

I have a linksys WRT54g at home and a DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-d. For some reason, if I leave the board hooked up to the router for more than 24 hours it will give me a private ip address. At that point I have to either restart the computer or reset the router for it to come back. I know it's not the board, because if I plug it straight into the wall I can have it work for an indefinate period of time, and if I set my ip to static it will work with the router for a longer period of time, but even then it craps out after a while. Is there anything I can do to keep my internet working?

enter you linksys configuration panel 192.168.1.1, by default username and password is: Usrnme: admin PW: admin

make sure that DHCP is enabled, and you do not have "clone" enabled (on some older firmware versions), actually before you do all this make sure to goto linksys website and download the latest firmware and flash your router.
    CPU: i7 990x @ 4ghz -
    Mobo: Asus Rampage Extreme III.
    Mem: 24gb Corsair Vengence Mem
    Primary SSD: 512gb Samsung 840 Pro
    Storage SSD: 4x Intel 520 SSD RAID 0 -
    Media Storage: 2x 16tb Drobo Pros
    Vid: 2x Titan Superclocked in SLI
    Level 10 chassis - Corsair 1200w psu
    3x 30" dell 3007 Corsair H70

Registered
    Tried that and didn't work. I think it's something with windows more than the router itself. My roommates computer is hooked to the same router and never has the problem that I have. But if my computer is hooked into the wall (no router) it never has this issue. So basically (my computer -> router = issue) (roommates computer -> router = no issue) (my computer -> wall = no issue).