• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Decided to spend some extra time on cable management while installing my new PSU.

Nothin special but I'm pretty pleased with how far its come from conception :)

2012-08-17_00-36-02_37.jpg

The kitty approves! :D

Looks like my previous attempt at cable management. Pretty sure you can manage to hide those cables in the hdd trays :p (I did after someone called mine an italian dish of pasta) Same case too... (I think)

The kitty approves! :D

Looks like my previous attempt at cable management. Pretty sure you can manage to hide those cables in the hdd trays :p (I did after someone called mine an italian dish of pasta) Same case too... (I think)

Haha, it's harder to tell but my Black Lab is watching on the other side of the case.

Yeah, I gotta figure out what to do with those, the power source is non-modular and has way too many extra rails lol.

Haha, it's harder to tell but my Black Lab is watching on the other side of the case.

Yeah, I gotta figure out what to do with those, the power source is non-modular and has way too many extra rails lol.

Exactly my thoughts before fixing that issue. You can tuck them accross the backplate using zip ties, it's not impossible. Just gotta plan it well before hand.

And yeah, I wasn't sure if that was a dog or not :p

Exactly my thoughts before fixing that issue. You can tuck them accross the backplate using zip ties, it's not impossible. Just gotta plan it well before hand.

Haha I'm very tempted to try it, but it probably wont do much good since I have to run the fan controller to the side fans through that area anyways.

I've done, redone, and redone this thing and was just never happy with the results, mainly because of the fact that you always have lots of slop in the power cables between the components (from drive to drive, etc). So, I finally took matters into my own hands here to fix that problem. I then took the top of my case off and rerouted some of the wires/cables. I'm rather happy with the end results. :thup:

Attachments

• Backside.jpg
    Backside.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 456
  • Drive bay wiring.jpg
    Drive bay wiring.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 453
  • Lower drives.jpg
    Lower drives.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 446
  • Mobo wiring.jpg
    Mobo wiring.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 455
  • PSU Wires.jpg
    PSU Wires.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 452
photobucket-28403-1345776896741.jpg

Fan wires were the worse to sort out. Still working on how to hide them better with smaller zips and dark hidden areas. Fully Module PSU is best friend of clean cases.

Exchanged my 550ti for a 470 and glad I did.

dscn5065j.jpg

How to cable manage neat and tidy.

My new build 2012 and cable management, using ties and sticky pads to hold cables neatly in place.

Attachments

• Philip's update Photo's 14A.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 14A.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Philip's update Photo's 13.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 13.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Philip's update photo's 11A.jpg
    Philip's update photo's 11A.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Back