• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
John,

That certainly doesn't look like a "budget" case from here. Good looking assembly. Do you wash windows too? :rofl:

moved my server over to a desktop chassis im getting rid of my rackmount setup its just too much for what little equipment i have. 8 drives total including SSD id say for an el cheapo 3rd hand case it came out p good. :)
wiremgr.jpg

After some wheeling and dealing buying and reselling parts, I was able to get a Corsair H100i AIO for free and also a free upgrade from a GTX 1060 6GB to an MSI GTX 1070 Seahawk. So the CPU and GPU are now water cooled with minimal effort on my part. With the water cooling keeping the core temp in check, I was able to get my Ryzen 5 1600 to 4 GHz (3992) with Prime95 temps below 65C and the Vcore at 1.43V. The MSI GTX 1070 Seahawk only hit 39C running FurMark so that's nice and cool too. All the fans have been slowed down for noise abatement in various ways. Here's a not so great photo of the setup within my Corsair Clear 400C case.

Ryzen-WC.jpg

I would only advise in flipping the GPU's rad so the tubes are coming from the bottom where ever you install it because they always leave a bit of room of air in there so the fluid expands when heated. Atm, you're most likely circulating air bubbles around and can cause more pump noise and lessen its longevity.

I would only advise in flipping the GPU's rad so the tubes are coming from the bottom where ever you install it because they always leave a bit of room of air in there so the fluid expands when heated. Atm, you're most likely circulating air bubbles around and can cause more pump noise and lessen its longevity.
That makes sense. I had it flipped but the hoses sit better this way. But I'll flip it back per your sage advice. The whole setup will be going into a cube Xigmatek GIGAS mATX case at some point which brings it's own set of issues. So here's another photo of dubious quality.

Ryzen-WC2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my leet media server wiring.
rpi media server wiring.jpg

Still deciding whether I'm gonna go with a memory stick or an SSD for storage. Stick is no extra wiring, SSD would add 2 wires, power and data. :)

I put some hardware in a case for the Team Cup last week. Doesn't look too bad considering the ancient (7 years since I bought it) non-modular Corsair TX750, which is like an octopus with cables and wires going everywhere (shoved some of them in the drive cage, ran some up the back of the motherboard tray and jammed them in the top). Annoyingly, this power supply was made for a time when top-mounted power supplies in the cases (when power supplies were mounted in the top of a case) were the norm, so the SATA connectors end up being upside down when installed in a bottom-mounted case (where power supply is mounted at the bottom of a case). I solved this by putting my SSD drive and the drive sled I mounted it to into the drive cage upside down.

Corsair C70
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Intel Core i5 2500K
Phanteks PH-TC14PE (It was that or my Corsair H75, as my Noctua NH-D14 is cooling an i5 750 on my test bench.) As it is, it barely fit in the case, and I couldn't install the front fan on the front of the heatsink like I wanted to because the RAM is in the way (Even with lower-profile heatsinks, mind you. Ugh.) Could have used my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, but the mounting hardware for the Phanteks was more easily located, since I left it attached to the heatsink when I stored it.
2x2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL7
XFX Radeon HD 4850 (to potentially be replaced by an HD 6000 series card at some point, if/when I can find one for a reasonable (low) price. Sort of wish I hadn't sold my HD 6950 last year, didn't expect the HD 6000 series to make another appearance in this year's Team Cup.)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB
Corsair TX750W v1 (CMPSU-TX750W) (design used from 2009-2011 if I remember correctly)

DSCN3918.JPG

DSCN3913.JPG

Back