• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C6.jpg

Update to my last wire management job. Took about a hour or so today when I was bored to re-run all the wires to tidy the case up a bit and I think it came out pretty good considering. I removed the gray firewire cable that allows for the firewire port on the front of my case since I don't ever use that connection and ran just about every wire minus a couple under the motherboard. My temps actually dropped a couple of degrees even. I never knew my last job was actually blocking airflow that bad...

Before:
IMG_0193-1.jpg
IMG_0194-1.jpg

After:
IMG_0219.jpg
IMG_0220.jpg

Very nice indeed .. I could do with doing the same to my Stacker but it'd interfere with where my Res is .. I spliced open the cable sleeving on my 24pin so I could trace it behind the mobo tray, that and the 12pin ATX ... How come your using the stock CPU cooler?

Very nice indeed .. I could do with doing the same to my Stacker but it'd interfere with where my Res is .. I spliced open the cable sleeving on my 24pin so I could trace it behind the mobo tray, that and the 12pin ATX ... How come your using the stock CPU cooler?

I think I'll pass on splicing open my 24-pin cable since its not that interfering that much and I don't trust myself enough to get it re-sleeved if I needed to later on.

I've been using the stock cooler since my money was tight at first when I placed the order for all the parts. I kept meaning to order one when I got money again but ended up getting new 2.1 speakers first and then most recently was a 24" Dell. I'm gonna save now so I can do a step-up to a GTX 260 and at the same time grab a TRUE in push/pull.

I can't seem to see if I posted in here or not already... I think I did. But if not here's some goodness:

IMG_0934-vi.jpg

IMG_0930-vi.jpg

IMG_0931-vi.jpg

These are kinda old, but you get the idea if you're looking for ideas. Dremmel saw and behind the back of the motherboard is the way to do it. That and adding a lot of fans and cutting out the grilles on the back. :D Huge temperature drops and huge sound increase (added like 4 120mm's haha), this is when I had my wind tunnel experiment going. It's quieter now and more efficient. :p

Last edited:
james, i gotta say they do sum good management there and i like the angled ram. is that a PIA to install and uninstall?

well this is mine, i was working on it for 2 hours or so.
not the best and dont ask what case i got since i dont even know my self.:bang head
i got it free at a local pc shop.:santa:
DSCN5010.jpg
DSCN5027.jpg

I just started to work on a case mod, so the 80mm is just temp as the 120mm that is there normaly is out, adding lights to it.
but thats not all, il post the rest in the case/case mod.

WOW -- one of the best ive seen!!! where do your fpanel buttons go for the power button and stuf

what case ?
I actually patched in some extra wires for my front panel cables and routed them behind my motherboard. Not behind the motherboard tray. I mean behind the actual motherboard.

It's an Antec 900. I painted it black on the inside and rear and cut the hole for the PSU cables. I still need to work on the other hdd cage though. As you can see, I only have one of the cages in there right now.

It's also amazing how quit I've been able to get this machine. The Accelero S1 and Noctua NF-P12 help with that quite a bit.

Next thing I'll be doing is getting a SATA DVD drive so I can get rid of the ugly IDE cable. :p

Back