• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I built a new system for my router so I can host my wireless network right from the system. Please excuse the poor pictures. I got the system running at ~3am and just wanted to sleep.

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

Nice management in a case that is designed for rat's nests.

Say, wait a minute....is that a stock air cooler?

7nono.gif

My Phanteck case, did not manage the uv wire. Note i need stick under the Zotac,ashamed to show the back:(

- - - Updated - - -

Hes got 5 fans in there !

- - - Updated - - -

thideras case that is.

Attachments

• 000_0108.JPG
    000_0108.JPG
    928.5 KB · Views: 535
tried to keep it clean as possible, will add mobo, pci, cpu black colored extensions down the line

DSC02702_zps5ssdfif6.jpg~original

DSC02708_zps4gbb2m19.jpg~original

My Phanteck case, did not manage the uv wire. Note i need stick under the Zotac,ashamed to show the back:(

- - - Updated - - -

Hes got 5 fans in there !

- - - Updated - - -

thideras case that is.

That gpu is sagging, thats' not good. I seen PCI-e slots die that way.

That gpu is sagging, thats' not good. I seen PCI-e slots die that way.

I have a sapphire 280x and an asus 280x. The asus has a backplate, the sapphire does not. I didn't realize how much the sapphire card sagged until I had one system die, and I decided to crossfire the two in my main system. Wow does the backplate ever hold it straight compared to no backplate. Even more so when you consider that the asus is the matrix platinum one, and the cooler is massive compared to the sapphire one(dual x).

Older build

This platform began life in this NZXT Duet . (pre black paint)
Not all ATX PS's are the same dimensions so I found this Silverstone and the unsleeved cables helped manage them.
Before anyone says anything :sly: that’s not a stock cooler :p its a CM Vortex,,, till I found a Scythe Ninja Mini ;)
There's some space under the OD and some more behind the front panel and that's where the excess cable went, there and around the edges of the back.

SDC11067.JPG

As a toddler it moved, and for most of the rest of its life has lived here:

SATA MOD.JPG x4.jpg
About to go Intel. So the old platypus:fight:, I mean platform :chair: , is going back to its childhood home and repurposed. :comp:
I cut this case so I'd have a bottom fan and that fan supports the false bottom, which helps with management. End cap for PS :cool: Customized the Sata power cable to fit behind that thin Scythe fan I modded in. With the new platform, the excess braided and what can be seen on the back (2 data cables running up the back plate) will be gone. Not currently liking those hoses so much.
Edit:
Can you list your hardware for all to know?
If I have to haha. Like said, it’s older.
Lian Li A05FNB
Asus M4A89GTD / 555 X4 / Antec Kuhler H2O 920 / 8GB AData 1600
SSD’s Mushkin-Micron / HDD WDB 750 / HD 6850 / SeaSonic X 750

Waiting on the rest of this hw (no gpu yet):
6600k – Mark 1 Z170 – M.2 SSD – RJ V 3200 - Swiftech H140X
I have plans for the 5.25 cage & give alum a color scheme.

Last edited:
IMG_1926.JPG

Just finished last night!!!

nzxt Noctic 450
Corsair H100i
I5 6600K
Nvidia Titan
Asus Sabertooth z170
G.Skill F4-3200c16d-GT 16GB
EVGA SuperNova 850 G2
Samsung 850 evo 250GB
Seagate 1TB Sata 6Gb/s

Last edited:
How did the build in the Noctis go?
On paper it looks like a slick case.

Its been awhile since I've built inside a mid-tower... LOL All in all it went pretty quickly considering I had to keep my 4 year old busy at the same time. Ill give my pros and cons to the build.

Pros:

- From the photo you can see cable management was pretty tidy.
- Air flow is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
- The Asus sabertooth 170 board has a lot of great features.
- Psu shroud is awesome
- Its quitter than my old case
- it looks like the Batimobile from the dark night
- It only made me bleed a little bit!

Cons

- Mid cases are small inside I have fairly normal sized hands and there were some tricky parts to screw down
- They angled a panel where the cut outs are to run the cables through, in theory its a good idea unless your atx board has your sata connectors facing out not up. Just got tricky.
- Didn't have enough room to fit the water radiator fans inside the case.
- When I was building had to remove the front fans a couple of time to try and plug things in. Was my fault, but still a pain.
- Not sure I like the fan hub, I can get a reading from the Asus software so I might be plugging those into the board.
- I don't like the new way Asus has you install ram... Only one side has the locking tab, I had to reseat the ram a few times to get it just right.
- Not a huge con, but I wish the grommet for the 24 pin cable lined up with the 24 pin connector on the board.
- Not a fan of Microsoft at the moment. If anyone would like to know what happened P.M. me.

All in all fun build, Ill take more photos this weekend and put them into an album.

z06t3UT.jpg

LniWcyN.jpg

i hate the PSU wires, i really want sleeved ones. But i don't want to sleeve them myself and i haven't seen any pre-done ones for sale.
can't really justify replacing a working psu just for some wires.

Last edited:
Back