• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@Davidleebjr: Untwist those SATA cables. I don't know where I read they can be a source of interference.

Thanx txus.... tore the net apart looking for that reference only found concensus to say nobody had problems with it but i'm taking your words of wisdom and un-coiling them now.

Thanks for the info and putting a close eye to the pics i posted :thup:

Thanx txus.... tore the net apart looking for that reference only found concensus to say nobody had problems with it but i'm taking your words of wisdom and un-coiling them now.

Thanks for the info and putting a close eye to the pics i posted :thup:

it shouldnt cause a problem, or at least, not a noticeable one, ive seem people wrap them around tubing for water cooling before with no issues. Theres a reason that they have the rubberised coating on them.

100_1194.jpg

My first desktop build since October. I had a laptop in between. Couldn't stay away too long, of course.

Parts are fairly run of the mill. A pair of 7770s, a nice, quick SSD with an HDD for storage, a Z77 MB waiting for a new IB processor later this month, 16gb of DDR3, etc.

Case is an NZXT Source 210 Elite. I bought a modular PSU for the first time thinking it would help, and it turns out I used every cable anyway. Let me know what you think.

100_1194.jpg

My first desktop build since October. I had a laptop in between. Couldn't stay away too long, of course.

Parts are fairly run of the mill. A pair of 7770s, a nice, quick SSD with an HDD for storage, a Z77 MB waiting for a new IB processor later this month, 16gb of DDR3, etc.

Case is an NZXT Source 210 Elite. I bought a modular PSU for the first time thinking it would help, and it turns out I used every cable anyway. Let me know what you think.

Jamesman,

Nice job, really slick and clean, nice case. Were all your cables long enough? I'm taking notes on cases for my next build. Of course some are better than others for cable management. This NV690 is "decent" but not as good as a lot shown here.

Modular Power Supply: General rule is if you're SLI / Crossfire, you wont gain anything with them (as you found out) but I'm sold on them forever.

It.... looks... SEXY!

Thank you!

Jamesman,

Nice job, really slick and clean, nice case. Were all your cables long enough? I'm taking notes on cases for my next build. Of course some are better than others for cable management. This NV690 is "decent" but not as good as a lot shown here.

Modular Power Supply: General rule is if you're SLI / Crossfire, you wont gain anything with them (as you found out) but I'm sold on them forever.

Cables were plenty long. I had ample length to route the cables and tie them down with zip ties away from the holes in the MB tray. Also, the case itself had some of the best depth behind the MB tray that I've ever seen in a case. I was able to fit every cable (as you saw) and the back panel didn't bulge out or become difficult to slide in to place.

One thing I will say about the case though, is that you get what you pay for. For $50 it's a great value, but it doesn't have any dust filters or grommets around the MB tray holes like more expensive cases. I did really like the fact that EVERY single 5.25" and 3.5" bay has a tool-less adapter, and they actually work fairly well. Also, the power cables and USB/Audio cables that come in the case are all black, which is a very nice touch as well.

EW Cheftech PSU :p

other than that pretty good job :) just tighten up some of the cables so you cant see them through the cable management holes,maybe try bringing the PCI cables from the side?

Paul

PSU -- 2 GPU's

100_1194.jpg

Hey J,

550w PSU running 2 video cards ? any problems? I thought (I use the term loosely) I needed a 750W or better if I add another nvidia card to my rig?

Hey J,

550w PSU running 2 video cards ? any problems? I thought (I use the term loosely) I needed a 750W or better if I add another nvidia card to my rig?

Many different factors will determine the PSU wattage you need. The first place to start is not to look at the wattage rating, but to look at the amperage supplied by the 12v rail on each specific PSU.

I'm running 2 7770s, which are fairly low power consumption cards. The PSU I'm using has a total of 38A supplied across the 12v rail, which is sufficient for the GPUs I have, plus the fans and a few other peripherals which are fed by 12v.

If I were running 7850s or 7870s, I would have looked for a PSU with a rating somewhere around 50-60A. I'm more of an AMD guy than an Nvidia guy, so my suggestion to you would be to check your GPU manufacturer's website and see what they recommend for amperage when running SLI.

Also, one last thing. This PSU calculator is pretty decent, if you find yourself questioning what you really need and what you don't.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir for One Laing D5 Single Loop
Apogee XT CPU block
Slim High Density Triple 120mm Radiator XSPC EX360 x3
Triebwerk 55mm Optimized Radiator Fan Shroud 61CFM @ 21dB
Compression Fitting - 7/16" to 5/8"
EK-FC6970 V2 Acetal EN (Nickel)
Feser One - Cooling Fluid - UV RED but i do have a botttle of IceDragonCooling Nono Fluid - White inwhich i will be using once i get moved and resetup

For Uv affect i ordered these
Phobya LED-Flexlight HighDensity 120cm UV (144x SMD LEDŽs)
as i got a box of this
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 7/16" ID 5/8" OD with 3/32" Wall - 10ft
and one of this
Masterkleer tubing PVC 15,9/11,1mm (7/16"ID) UV-reactive dark R

so i can use either straight distilled or i might go this tuning with the Ice dragon in it also undetermined yet

Idle temps on Cpu are 33c to 35c after gaming for about 30 to 40 minutes it hits 52c
Gpu are
37c to 40c
gpu before was getting 56c before water cooled
havent done any over clocking as of yet

Last edited:
Corsair Carbide 500r *Unwired*

Corsair Carbide 500r .... i'm glad this is done!

** All the wires on the left have since been cable tield and covered with a black plastic tubing so it looks as if i only have one 240V black cable between my desk and pc .. no dangling wires anywhere **

i.php

i.php

i.php

Here are a few shots of mine. Recently put in a CrosshairV and changed up thelighting theme. Pictures were taken with my cellphone so they're crap but let me know what you all think!

IMG_20120424_174013.jpg

IMG_20120424_173750.jpg

IMG_20120424_174136.jpg

IMG_20120424_173843.jpg

My phone does not do well with awkward lighting but it looks great IRL

IMG_20120424_175231.jpg

IMG_20120424_180415.jpg

Clean Wiring

Nice job... wiring looks super clean. Only thing (looking back now) I wish i'd have done different is sleeved my motherboard connectors every other color ie. blue black blue black blue black.

Nice rig you got there !

Back