• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I figured I'd toss my wiring mess out there, 13 fans, 2 pumps, 3 gpus and 7 temp sensors is a lot to try and get tucked away nice and neat, other than making my own custom cables (I'm too lazy for that stuff) this is the best I could manage.

3gpus.jpg

uglywiring.jpg

Nothing like a good ole-fashioned rats-nest to make one feel like they always got more work to do to make it look nicer.

DSCN3625.JPG

So, swapped out my LGA775 board in my benching case for an AM2+ board.

Actually never realized the GA-MA790X-UD4P was a non-standard ATX board until I attempted to mount it in a case. It's one of those weird form factors where it's the same length as a standard ATX board, but it's not as wide and doesn't have mounting holes at the normal 9 mounting locations.

Components:
CPU:varies depending on what I'm overclocking at the time
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
RAM: 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Micron D9's
GPU: GTX 570 HD (just because it was convenient)
PSU: Corsair TX750, from nearly six years ago (I should probably replace this at some point, but it was what I had handy when I was building it, and it hasn't really seen that much use over the time period I've owned it.)
Cooling: Cooler Master Nepton 280L (not exactly easy to fit, as the case doesn't actually support it in its default state)
Case: Cooler Master HAF-X

Last edited:
Actually never realized the GA-MA790X-UD4P was a non-standard ATX board until I attempted to mount it in a case. It's one of those weird form factors where it's the same length as a standard ATX board, but it's not as wide and doesn't have mounting holes for the normal 9 mounting screws.
same thing happened to me when i got my Z97 K1ller board
in other news, this is my latest system
i suppose the wire management could be better, but i would have to find wire that has thin insulation for making Dupont wires
gKHQxzKm.jpg T89eEpzm.jpg
oGVyMIlm.jpg rxStJIrm.jpg CyOkW3Cm.jpg
I have several circuits on a 3x7 cm double sided prototyping board
  • Light sensor - https://learn.adafruit.com/basic-resistor-sensor-reading-on-raspberry-pi/basic-photocell-reading
  • 2 Thermal Sensor, DS18B20
  • 1 IR led emitter (lirc)
  • 1 Piezo Buzzer (software pwm)
  • 1 Fan (on/off)
  • 1 strip of SMD3528 LED tape (on/off)
  • 2 USB cables that pull power from the power supply after going through a diode w/ a heat sync
  • 1 Switch input (on front of case)
  • 1 button input (on back of case)
  • 1 button input not on the pcb, in line resistor at the button connected directly to the pi
  • The slide switch below the front toggle switch is a kill switch for the fan in case a wire gets into it
I have 2 power adapter inside the case, 1 5V 2A from thepihut (run's pi and accessories) and 1 12V 1A (runs network switch and SMD 3528 LEDs)
The power supples are attached using JB Weld, i drilled a hole in thepihut one to bolt it down and i made tape shield on the case of the other to prevent the case from shorting stuff when removing the cover
I have the pi running owncloud, 5 python scripts, pound reverse proxy, apt-cacher-ng, mgetty caller id, and hosting a few files

Nice set-up TT. I've got the same board and will getting back into it this summer. Just remember not to push on the 20+4 cable with the power on. It shorts against the MB tray because of the lack of support in that area.

Just updated my main rig with a newer motherboard and CPU here are some pics. How'd I do?

Before:
MessyCables.jpg

After upgrade.... my OCD was still twitching from the cables.

IMG_0814.JPG

After pulling out some zipties and going to work. I really want to cover the drive bays with acrylic to hide the ugly grey cables.... but as my side panel doesn't show these areas, I'm not too concerned.

After:

IMG_0818.JPG

Any reason the hard drive is laying on the motherboard?

Not laying on the mobo, the drive sits between the bottom of the mobo and the bottom of the case :D I was thinking about getting a decal that matches my theme and slap on it.... just because haha. My SSD is actually standing vertical against the side of the HDD bays. You can barely see it sticking out.

Theres a theme?
Do some dusting too, there is a lot of dust in there and all over everything

Last edited:
Theres a theme?
Do some dusting too, there is a lot of dust in there and all over everything

Lol, exactly my point.... it used to be black and blue themed(Original state in pics below). I've lost almost all the blue now. Might need to break out the spray can. As for the dust, that got cleaned out after the pictures were taken.

IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0211.JPG

Just finished up about twelve (cumulative) hours of wire management on my desk. Moved into the house a bit over a week ago and just getting to finish it up, only need to hook up the keyboard and mouse at this point.

Attachments

• 1462240449431.jpg
    1462240449431.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 329
Holy neat wire management Batman! :eek: That's one beautiful clean setup Austin! :beer:

When I get back to normality after my miship, I'll have my place sorted and settled. Right now it looks like a bomb went off in here! :rofl:

OMG i love that monitor setup!
:clap::clap::shock::salute::comp::rock:

Thanks buddy!

Holy neat wire management Batman! :eek: That's one beautiful clean setup Austin! :beer:

When I get back to normality after my miship, I'll have my place sorted and settled. Right now it looks like a bomb went off in here! :rofl:

Appreciate it Neb, hope the recovery is still going well.

Also, for the record, the couple of cables laying on the desk are for my wheel.
I'll be getting a hook to put on the back of the desk to hold those when not in use.

Appreciate it Neb, hope the recovery is still going well.

Also, for the record, the couple of cables laying on the desk are for my wheel.
I'll be getting a hook to put on the back of the desk to hold those when not in use.

Recovery is going slow, but good. I hate hobbling about with a walker tho, lol.

Back