• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I must be lucky as I have never had a mobo which I would discribe as terrible, and to be honest I have never encountered major problems with any mobo. I do however hold Abit in higher regard than the other mobo manufacturers as the mobo's produced by them just seem to have a nicer feel and build quality than the others, the mobo I am most disapointed in however must be my Epox 8kha+ which although not terrible is not as good as I had hoped or expected and the quality most certainly is not as good as my Abit KT7A-Raid mobo

Blackearth said:
i may be wrong but isnt abit based in the US? i found several grammatical errors and the pictures/diagrams looked like crap (not that i needed them);

I thought they were based in Taiwan?

A-Bit 110%

I have 4 A-Bit Mb's w/intel CPU's
I have had a few RMA's with A-Bit
$25.00 and a few weeks and the problem was fixed

So in process of switching over to AMD,
I decided to try someone else's MB, Big Mistake..

I tried Soyo Dragon..Junk

I tried IWill, and I never WiLL again..

Iwent back to A-Bit,Sorry that I ever left, And the sky parted and light once again, shined through..

Other MB mfg have a few good one's out there,the chipset set has a large effect also, more so on AMD's in my opion, the IWill I tried had a Acer Ali CS on it, Com'on.... Acer!!!!!!ChipSet???

My DFI is also in my top list as a SOLID AMD MB..

I was in MotherBoard Hell for 5 days during this process, wondering If buying a XP-1700+, may have been my 1st mistake.

But it was the MB's I was trying and the craped out chipsets on them.
I have switched back to A-Bit and and I think I'll be Staying with AMD and A-Bit for a awhile..
A-Bit MB's may cost a little more,as do Asus, but it's worth the assurance..

Take a Little Trip, Take a little Trip, wit Me

CR::burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

KG-7 RAID
XP 1700+
512 DDR 2.5
2 IBM DeskStar in RAID 0
KenWood 72x CD-Rom
Plextor Burner
Ge-Force 3
Win TV
SBLive Audy Mp3 Card
3 com 905b nic
2-way CABLE 768-DL / 256-UL. yeehawww
2000 CR-250 rocks

Last edited:
EPox & Iwill

I'm still beatin' myself up for selling my Iwill 266+, it was a very stable board....
Although...I love me EPox 8K7A, for the Voltage options, + DDR makes a huge differance compared to reg. sdram.
:cool:

I've "dealt" with Gigabyte, Asus, Abit, IWill and MSI. I have had a great amount of success with all of these products and would buy from any of them. If you asked me right now though, I would go with the MSI. My K7TA Turbo-Lite board was dirt cheap and top notch equipment. Being a college student, I appreciate anything that doesn't require a trip to the plasma donation center to afford.

Doctor said:

Who needs Tech Support when you have these forums?

I gave up on TS a l o n g time ago, when I realized that I know a h*** of alot more than them!

And I learned it here! :D

Doctor

AMEN!!!!! I have often wondered how those people get their jobs. :)

Fiz

Abit BH6

I am still using an Abit BH6 that I have found very reliable. I started with a celery 300 in it, then a celery 366 and finely a p3 750. Running at 450, 550, and 1000 respectively.

Although I just bought an Athlon 1000 avia that I am looking for a motherboard for.

I just bought an iWill KA266+ and an Athlon XP 1600, and the mobo is great. No problems with it (except for a reboot problem, but that is because of my crappy PSU), so I voted for them because thats what i got. I seen people achieve some high FSB frequencies with this board and that is what I will do when i get my kingston ram. I wanted to buy an Asus board, but they were too expensive, same with Abit. Next time I will buy one of those two, unless iWill comes out with something better.

FIC

Where's FIC? or does one of these companies manufacture FIC boards for them? I own the FIC AD11 Rev.2a with the AMD 761 chipset...

Re: FIC

msujon71 said:
Where's FIC? or does one of these companies manufacture FIC boards for them? I own the FIC AD11 Rev.2a with the AMD 761 chipset...

FIC is an affiliated subsiduary of VIA Technologies.

I run, personally and at my company, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, ABIT, FIC, ECS, DFI, Shuttle, Tyan, Soyo, Intel, Supermicro, Iwill, Biostar, Aopen and Epox. So far, since overclocking is the name of the game, my Epox rigs have been the best. The 8K7A and 8KHA boards have been a pleasure to overclock, their performance and reliability have been outstanding.

ECS gets my vote. Price and quality all in one. I recomend it to anyone looking for a good home PC that's not wanting to overclock.

Cheers:beer:

Abit is pretty much the only boards I have owned expect a couple of soyo boards but overall every Abit I have had has been very stable and has overclocked pretty well, I really love my Kr7a raid it is everything I expected it to be and more

DaveB said:
You shoudn't be a "fan" of any specific company. Judge each board on it's merits and how it matches up with your system requirements. That's how to make the best choice. Every company on that list has made it's share of crappy boards and good ones. And the two most popular, Abit and Asus, have the absolute worst support.

I disagree. I am a fan of certain companies for a reason. For example, I like shuttle. I like them not only because they now build good overclocking boards cheap now, but because they went out on a limb and risked losing a lawsuit by putting DDR on a P4 motherboard; a huge risk for the company, but something that was definately needed. I like AMD for making a better processor instead of a processor with bigger numbers. I like companies that do what is obviously needed, despite great risk to themselves.

Back