• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
I have only had this Epox 8K3A and this has to be by far the best board I have ever owned. Fast, fast, fast and no mods.

I go with ecs. They've never let me down. I've built 3 systems with them for the motherboard and have no problems.

Have to go with ABIT on this vote run them hard and they still keep going. Soft Menu III owns all.

Maestro

y'all are gonna think I'm crazy for saying this (if you don't already think it for other reasons...), but I have an OEM Gateway board from 1998, a slot-1 Jabil Tabor BX (back when Gateway actually made a decent product). It won't overclock (even through the clkgen w/ softfsb), but it is the fastest board I have in this house! The numbers on my Celly crush it on all accounts, but it feels faster, ya know? I love to sit down and play on it, the response is amazing...and that is with a Pentium 2 350, and 128MB RAM with Windows XP installed!!! But I voted for Abit, anyways :eek:

I dont understand why more folks dont run FIC boards.. they're inexpensive and VERY stable... I cant believe how well they are holding up in A shop environment (Auto shop).. I get temp differences from the low 40's (ive posted at 36* F) to over 100*F... and not one hiccup out of either of them.. and they O/C pretty well to.. i was screwing around with an AZ11EA just before building my KR7A/R and had an xp 1900 running @ 1725 with no problem (except for cpu heat had to shut down before melt down LOL).. My sons rig is an AZ11EA as well.. it folds 24/7 (1.0 ghz @1088 w/generic ram)

im thinking about the Abit KX7 Raid, actually.........
but prolly not, i like me EPoX:) 2.2vdimm lovin is hard to find

-Malakai

Both of my Epox boards are the best that I have ever owned. I am gonna get an Abit KX7 since I have never owned an Abit before.

I'm pretty sure that the 8K3A+ will be a funner mobo to use than the Abit. (2.2 Vcore, 3.2 VDimm, 200+ FSB EASY etc,,)

i still think abit is the very best in oc .. i am going to love my new rig 2.26gighrtz abit th7ii r :)

if anyone votes for soyo, they are an idiot..... i HATE SOYO THEY MUST DIE

i used to like gigabyte... but their new ones suck.... i like soltek and abit and asus... but abit is my fave

I have had many different mobo's over the years
and one thing is for sure companies come and companies go.

Back in the days Aopens Axbc some thing was a really good p3 / celery board.
Epox had ok Mp3c2 mobos. Well some companies are better than others. But no one company rules.

Basically if the mobo works how you want it to work then its good. Some people like spending $300 Au on the top of the range boards and don’t use all the features like raid ect. And others spend $120 for a bard that’s plain and dose what they want it to do.

I personally prefer Asus ,abit and msi because their all good offer over clocking boards.
Also the choice of a mobo depends on the processor.

One thing that ****es me off people buy , $220 au xp 1800 , $15 fan ( cheapo) and , $100 mobo with one board every thing and complain when their pc crashers and is not stable or performs like sh*T.

Back