• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

• Abit

Votes: 389 29.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 368 27.7%
  • Aopen

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Shuttle

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • MSI

Votes: 109 8.2%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 98 7.4%
  • Epox

Votes: 181 13.6%
  • ECS

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • Soyo

Votes: 67 5.0%
  • Iwill

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Azza

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • FIC

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Here you vote for the Man. of your favorite motherboard. Don't forget the vote at the chipset poll, too.

I have had great success with my KT7A. Yes, I'm somewhat disappointed about the board not supporting the xp's, but I'll get over it! I also had a great experience with my K7S5A. I just wish it had more overclocking functions. Other than that, great board.

nihili said:
Ummm, could we have an "other" in there?

nihili

Forgot to mention that...

If I missed any feel free to point them out. Then I'll add an other when I got nine. (Just so that it can be as specific as possible by looking at it.)

I think it would be inappropriate for me to vote given that I have no personal experience with some of those companies, therefore I must request that you send me at least two different boards from each manufacturer listed that I might do tests. Once done (don't hold your breath) I shall return the boards in question and supply you with an appropriate response to your poll.

Man, i was going to vote for chaintech. Darn.

On the serious side, I seem to be liking ECS more and more. They are stable and cheap, even if you cant oc them at all. Otherwise I split between Abit and MSI.

And hey, what happened to Intel?

William said:
And hey, what happened to Intel?

They became an irresponsible monopoly that lost the respect of the masses, I thought you knew.

:D

eobard said:

They became an irresponsible monopoly that lost the respect of the masses, I thought you knew.

:D

I remember the Soyo +IV BX boards with ATA controller on 'em and also the 7VCA for getting the most of the new green Celly 533a when it arrived.

Memories ..................

You shoudn't be a "fan" of any specific company. Judge each board on it's merits and how it matches up with your system requirements. That's how to make the best choice. Every company on that list has made it's share of crappy boards and good ones. And the two most popular, Abit and Asus, have the absolute worst support.

JAWS said:
I don't know about Asus, but you are totally right about Abit's Tech Support.

Who needs Tech Support when you have these forums?

I gave up on TS a l o n g time ago, when I realized that I know a h*** of alot more than them!

And I learned it here! :D

Doctor

Last edited:
JAWS said:

I don't know about Asus

I do. I would have to say Anus's greatest weakness is their tech support. Fortunately their greatest strength is their strong production, which usually doesn't require the need for their tech support.

Back